HTC Vigor Gets Bluetooth SIG Approval With Bluetooth 3.0

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Aug 25, 2011.

  1. WenWM

    WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2010
    Messages:
    642
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Ratings:
    +4
    [​IMG]


    If you have been doubting whether or not the HTC Vigor would be coming soon anytime soon, here is your proof that the wait is almost over. The Vigor (ADR6425LVW) just received a certification from the Bluetooth SIG for having Bluetooth 3.0 on board. The HTC made device has been rumored to hit stores this coming October, and with news like this hitting the wire, that date seems very likely. Just a quick rundown of the features to expect; 4.3-inch 1280×720 resolution display, a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragons, 8MP camera, Sense 3.5, Beats audio, and Android 2.3.4.

    There we go guys. This is one more phone to anticipate a release in the coming months.
    Via: Phandroid
     
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. laxman3722

    laxman3722 Member

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    Messages:
    54
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    I reallllllllllllllllllly have been all on for the Bionic, but this phone just sounds tempting. I wish a few pics would pop up to get a look at it. I am used to waiting... so I shall see
     
  3. johnomaz

    johnomaz Silver Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2010
    Messages:
    2,580
    Likes Received:
    325
    Trophy Points:
    148
    Location:
    Central Valley, California
    Ratings:
    +332
    Honestly, every phone that comes out will beat the previous one. Its how technology works. This one does look good, but when my upgrade is available in March, a phone even better than this one will be out.
     
  4. King_Bean

    King_Bean Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2010
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, for a looooooong time I was dead-set on either the S2 or the Bionic. But now that it seems the Vigor actually has a chance of coming out before December (when my contract officially expires), I'm definitely willing to wait.

    My D1 is in decent working order besides the 256mb-RAM-induced lag and the fact that my headphone jack no longer works.

    If the Vigor doesn't come out before December, I'll just fall back on the Bionic or S2.
     
  5. tgyberg

    tgyberg Silver Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2009
    Messages:
    3,843
    Likes Received:
    248
    Trophy Points:
    178
    Location:
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Ratings:
    +248
    Current Phone Model:
    GNote2
    Cant wait to see pics! This thing trumps any other phone by a pretty big margin IMO.
     
  6. Art Vandelay

    Art Vandelay Member

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2010
    Messages:
    518
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +1
    Looks to be a very promising phone and so long as Oct stands true this phone should dominate.

    I am eligible for an upgrade now, but thanks to Chevy my D1 is stilling running strong. All you D1 users waiting it out, flash Chevy's SS5.5 rom.

    Sent from my Chevy SS5.5 D1 with Zeam launcher!
     
  7. Detonation

    Detonation Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Messages:
    932
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Ratings:
    +6
    I look at it this way however. There are "generations" of phone hardware - the current gen being the dual core, qHD phones that have been out since the Spring. The Bionic looks like its going to be one of the last of that generation. The next gen looks like it will be the 720p, 1.5GHz+ dual core, etc phones. Yes there will always be a new phone around the corner, but I'd prefer to buy one when the new phone around the corner isn't a jump in generations.
     
  8. sb1831

    sb1831 Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2010
    Messages:
    428
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +4
    unless you're not buying your phones outright, it makes no sense to not upgrade phones ASAP instead of waiting. With the current retail price of a phone being around (low end) 575 and a conservative 6% sales tax that phone costs your $610 out the door. That's ~$310-360 (if not more) than the 2 year contract pricing on most current top tier phones.If u byoureak that $310 down into the 20 months, before you're eligible for an upgrade, that comes to ~15.45/month you're wasting by not upgrading. Upgrade and stop waiting people. Find something you want and buy it. There will be something better in stores tomorrow. NOTHING is going your last device.
     
  9. tgyberg

    tgyberg Silver Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2009
    Messages:
    3,843
    Likes Received:
    248
    Trophy Points:
    178
    Location:
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Ratings:
    +248
    Current Phone Model:
    GNote2
    ^Nailed it.
     
  10. tgyberg

    tgyberg Silver Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2009
    Messages:
    3,843
    Likes Received:
    248
    Trophy Points:
    178
    Location:
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Ratings:
    +248
    Current Phone Model:
    GNote2
    Meant to quote this.
     
  11. Trusstopher

    Trusstopher DF Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Messages:
    2,610
    Likes Received:
    83
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    Ratings:
    +84
    I'm not sure I follow your logic...
     
  12. bigdad63

    bigdad63 Member

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Messages:
    476
    Likes Received:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    SC
    Ratings:
    +11
    Oh yeah, the bionic is looking really appetizing now.
     
  13. Trusstopher

    Trusstopher DF Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Messages:
    2,610
    Likes Received:
    83
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    Ratings:
    +84
    So many negatives in this first statement....

    If you are buying your phone on contract, you should buy it ASAP. If you are buying your phone outright it makes sense to wait..... I think was the point you were making, right?

    .

    I agree with all of that.

    This is where you really lose me... because if I upgrade now, I would be getting this hypothetical 15.45/month from now until April 2013... but if I wait until February of next year to upgrade, I'll be getting that same 15.45/month until October of 2013. Either way I'll be getting the same amount of benefit just later in time, so it is never really wasted, just delayed.

    The only way I could see waiting as a "money losing" decision is if the subsidized cost goes up and/or the full prices drops. I highly doubt that the "on-contract" price will ever increases for a specific phone and I would also assume that the Full price will never drop more than on-contract price, proportionally speaking.

    So the biggest danger of waiting is that the next generation of phones has a smaller subsidized margin. Then you are looking at maybe $200 instead of $300 in savings over those 20 months... now you have lost 5.00/month but you also have a generation newer of technology.
     
  14. laxman3722

    laxman3722 Member

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    Messages:
    54
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im not a 'ZOMG this NEW NEW is going to be out I cant buy THIS phone now' kinda person, if I find something I like, Im on it. I had the D1 from day 1. The Vigor sounds pretty awesome. So does the bionic. Its a lot of $$$. SGII has no notification light, so its out 100%. I see the point in upgrading sooner than later, but it brings on subsequent upgrades sooner. My contract is up Nov 2011, so I really didnt realize I could upgrade sooner than that until I VZW actually called and told me so. So its like Xmas early and I can get whatever I want.
     
  15. King_Bean

    King_Bean Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2010
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +3
    If your current device is working fine, I don't see the harm in waiting if you think something you'd like better is coming relatively soon. Now, if the "next great device" has no discernable near-term release date whatsoever and is nothing more than a phantom then, yes, of course one should go ahead and upgrade if there are good devices available.

    My D1 works fine and the Vigor is likely coming out before December. I can't think of one good reason not to wait.
     
Search tags for this page

is bluetooth 3.0 on htc dna