VIDEO- Galaxy Note 5 Quadrant Standard Benchmark

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I just unboxed my Note 5, and I have to say that with the Exynos 7420 octacore 64bit processor this thing really flys! Jumping from screen to screen is a breeze, and there is virtually no lag. I am hoping this means that Samsung has fixed the ram issue that slowed down the Galaxy S6. So far the device has been a performance power house, but how well does it handle benchmark tests. In this video we see just how fast it can chomp through the Quadrant Standard benchmark.

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
The GPU is the primary unit that does the graphics and not the CPU.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The GPU is the primary unit that does the graphics and not the CPU.
not in a SOC which is what these generally have.

1. A system on a chip or system on chip (SoC or SOC) is an integrated circuit (IC) that integrates all components of a computer or other electronic system into a single chip. It may contain digital, analog, mixed-signal, and often radio-frequency functions—all on a single chip substrate.
that being said... the cpu is in-fact the GPU and vice versa as they are on the same chip.

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
not in a SOC which is what these generally have.

1. A system on a chip or system on chip (SoC or SOC) is an integrated circuit (IC) that integrates all components of a computer or other electronic system into a single chip. It may contain digital, analog, mixed-signal, and often radio-frequency functions—all on a single chip substrate.
that being said... the cpu is in-fact the GPU and vice versa as they are on the same chip.
That does not change the operation of the CPU and the GPU just because the are on the same chip. Each has a job to do. A GPU is a specialized piece of hardware that is specifically designed for rendering graphics. The CPU is generalized piece of hardware that is specifically to be GENERAL purpose.

System on the chip just means that they are all in the same chip. That's all. The does NOT mean that the function of each INTERNAL component changes.

The reason that I was pointing this out is that the Note 4 and the Note 5 have different CPU's, but the same GPU.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
That does not change the operation of the CPU and the GPU just because the are on the same chip. Each has a job to do. A GPU is a specialized piece of hardware that is specifically designed for rendering graphics. The CPU is generalized piece of hardware that is specifically to be GENERAL purpose.

System on the chip just means that they are all in the same chip. That's all. The does NOT mean that the function of each INTERNAL component changes.

The reason that I was pointing this out is that the Note 4 and the Note 5 have different CPU's, but the same GPU.
You do realize that these chips have the gpu built into the cpu architecture. not just because they're on the same system. they actually share resources. the gpu is built into the cpu. therefore in this case the cpu is in fact the gpu. these do not have dedicated graphics, or discreet, graphics.

There are two types of graphic processors: discrete and integrated. A discrete GPU means that there is a separate processor for anything related to graphic work whereas an integrated GPU means that it shares resources with the CPU to do graphic work.

If I make a rough analogy with people, a PC with a discrete GPU would mean that there are two people -- one person does math and the other person draws. A PC with integrated GPU would mean there is only one person who does both.

again. the gpu is integrated into the cpu and one chip does the work meaning the cpu is in fact the gpu.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The Tmali in the Note 4 is revision 6. The Tmali in the Note 5 is revision 8. They aren't the same.

The SoC is also an NM revision better as well (20nm Note 4 vs 14nm Note 5).

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
The Tmali in the Note 4 is revision 6. The Tmali in the Note 5 is revision 8. They aren't the same.

The SoC is also an NM revision better as well (20nm Note 4 vs 14nm Note 5).
Actually the Note 4 that I have has an Adreno 420, so I stand corrected. They are not the same GPU.

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
You do realize that these chips have the gpu built into the cpu architecture. not just because they're on the same system. they actually share resources. the gpu is built into the cpu. therefore in this case the cpu is in fact the gpu. these do not have dedicated graphics, or discreet, graphics.

There are two types of graphic processors: discrete and integrated. A discrete GPU means that there is a separate processor for anything related to graphic work whereas an integrated GPU means that it shares resources with the CPU to do graphic work.

If I make a rough analogy with people, a PC with a discrete GPU would mean that there are two people -- one person does math and the other person draws. A PC with integrated GPU would mean there is only one person who does both.

again. the gpu is integrated into the cpu and one chip does the work meaning the cpu is in fact the gpu.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
No, they don't. They simply have tons of stuff in the same CHIP-SET. There is still a GPU and a CPU (along with tons of other circuitry) inside the chip-set.