Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Crushes Everyone in Multi-Core Benchmarks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s6-benchmark-multi-core.png

While static benchmarks obviously don't necessarily translate into a better experience, and most smartphones have excellent performance nowadays, it can still be useful to check out benchmarks to see how far the tech has evolved. A more recent Geekbench benchmark shows that the new Exynos 7420 from Samsung absolutely dominates its competitors in most of the multi-core benchmarks.

As you can see from the screen-cap above, the chipset found in the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge scored over 500 points more than the newest competitor from Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 810. In fact, the chip is 50% faster than the Apple A8 chip found in the iPhone 6/6 Plus. Of course, multi-core doesn't tell the whole story, and if you check out the other benchmarks, and change them to single-core, you find the Apple A8 is a bit faster than the Exynos chip.

Also in the single-core benchmark, the NVIDIA Tegra K1(not the newer X1), scores higher than both. Either way, it just goes to show that Samsung is continually pushing the envelope. We would have been surprised if the Galaxy S6 wasn't a great performer considering it uses Sammy's new 14nm process for the chip along with 3GB of the faster LPDDR4 RAM.

Here is our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Computerbase.de

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Benchmark numbers are cool, I prefer them on the PC side because those usually translate to actual performance indicators for software, but on mobile devices, I've never cared much. I'm all about real world use. A device in your actual hand. When I got my Nexus 6, everyone was talking about slower performance because of device encryption. Well, I have one now, its still encrypted and its still stupid fast. I've yet to find an issue with performance in my hands while using it. Sure, there may be delays I can't detect because its down in milliseconds, but when I press an icon, it launches and I'm right in it in no time. Thats what I care about. Thats why I bought the device.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Single core is where your phone lives most of the time. It looks like their big.LITTLE setup will be a smooth operator. With a big multicore score you know the single core will be sufficient as well.