Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
7BCoCYY.png

The Jarir Bookstore, a middle eastern retailer has posted listings for both the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. No photos were included with the listing but they did post the specs.

According to the listing the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will have:

- 5.7-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 1440 x 2560 resolution
- Gorilla Glass 4
- Octacore Exynos 7422 SoC
- 4 GB of RAM
- 32 and 64GB of storage
- microSD slot (128GB capactity storage)
- 16MP rear camera / 5MP front facing camera
- 4100mAh battery
- Android 5.1
- Will be available in black and gold

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ will feature:

- 5.7-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 1440 x 2560 resolution
- Gorilla Glass 4
- Octacore Exynos 7420 CPU
- Mali-T760 MP8 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 32/64GB of internal storage
- 16MP/5MP cameras
- 3000mAh battery
- Android 5.1

Pricing for both devices was not listed. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ will be officially unveiled on August 13th and the Unpacked event in New York City.

Source: Phone Arena via Jarir (1), (2)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So now we're back to having an sd slot? Wasn't the last rumor that there wouldn't be one!? This has been the most entertaining run-up to a new device for quite a while.

Will she? Won't she?

You'll just have to wait!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It is, but it's getting a bit old. I figure it'll keep flip-flopping back and forth each week until the official announcement and that part has lost its edge, then the reveal will come and we'll all be "shocked" either way. Then we'll move on with our lives.

I don't remember a device with more speculation and misinformation surrounding ONE component before though.

iDroidNow

Reaction score
i always assumed the Note would retain the SD slot as it is a power user device BUT was willing to repurchase the Edge if it had a MUCH bigger battery and nail in coffin would be SD slot

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wow..that's a big battery in the note 5..200 Mah bigger than the turbos..

Micro SD expandable..again..4 gigs of ram...wonder if they'll have a note 5 edge..

mach330

Reaction score
everyday it seems like it changes for sd slot. I've moved on anyways. this won't be my next phone. btw..curious it's still using micro sim and not the nano.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I am trying really hard to ignore these rumor threads and just wait for the big reveal....

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is, but it's getting a bit old. I figure it'll keep flip-flopping back and forth each week until the official announcement and that part has lost its edge, then the reveal will come and we'll all be "shocked" either way. Then we'll move on with our lives.

I don't remember a device with more speculation and misinformation surrounding ONE component before though.

Well it would be funny if none of the specs turn out to be true, it was all a lie from Samsung.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
It looks to me, that Samsung put the sd card slot the last minute. Especially, with all the blaming and critized for there lack of it on the galaxy s6 lines on the reviewers site and youtube.

GAstorino

Reaction score
I could be reading this wrong but the S6 EDGE Plus seems like a negative to me. Not seeing anything new. Slightly bigger battery, smaller memory no 128GB model, slight bigger phone, gig more ram. Nothing that will excite me or others I would think.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Samsung does this every year with each galaxy since the s2. Upgrading gpu,cpu, battery and that probably it. Slapping the SOC similar to note line. Why cant they be less confusing like other manufactures?

The only reason there adding bigger screen is two answer I think one their afraid of competition of Apple iphone 6 plus sales and now Motorola who releasing a 5.7 inches device that can be taking there money away because of how cheap the off contract price it going to be.

I could be reading this wrong but the S6 EDGE
Plus seems like a negative to me. Not seeing anything new. Slightly bigger battery, smaller memory no 128GB model, slight bigger phone, gig more ram. Nothing that will excite me or others I would think.

Last edited:

GAstorino

Reaction score
I know right. That's why apple sells a lot of Iphones because they usually are only selling 2 phones every couple of years not 50000 variations of one phone. They confuse people and eat up their own profits by biting into sales of their own lines. If you are going to do an update don't just give me an incremental update. Do big ones to make it worthwhile.