Vibrates For No Reason... WHY?!?!?!?!

ampersandman

Reaction score
My phone will sometimes vibrate in threes like (fwompfwompfwomp) really fast.. or twos like (fwompfwomp) for NO REASON. I wasn't moving into or out of service areas.. I was just sitting here. With full battery. Absolutely NO stimulus. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out why. SOMEBODY HELP!

GigaJake

Reaction score
What rom are you using? Or are you still on stock?

The default notification for most open source roms are two vibrates for sms and two quicker ones for email, maybe whatever is causing it doesn't have a notification bar alert.

But truthfully, it could be anything for you. Check for apps or do a factory reset if you want to get your hands dirty.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but your phone vibrating is pretty vague.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

jmonty42

Reaction score
Is this stock on JB? I just got a replacement phone from Verizon and right now it's stock on JB. If the screen turns off it will vibrate like what you said, sometimes twice sometimes thrice. Then it will become totally unresponsive, sometimes reboot. The only workaround I've figured out is to use Battery Booster to set the screen timeout to never and plug it in more frequently. For some reason it never vibrates or reboots when the screen is on or when it's plugged in.

OP
A

ampersandman

Reaction score
I did a factory reset right after I got JB. No notifications after the vibrations and nothing has even changed with any running app. I run task killer on aggressive mode every 15 minutes.

OP
A

ampersandman

Reaction score
By the way, I love the commander keen avatar. Secret of the Oracle was my jam.

karlsdroids

Reaction score
You're not alone, my droid does the same thing randomly. I can't replicate the circumstances but it happens at least once a week.

kaarlo52

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy pocket
Press menu, go to task manager, RAM, clear memory.

That worked for me. It closes 9 programs.

No more buzzing