Simple: How can I get calls on vibrate & audible notification for email/sms?

droid100

Reaction score
This seems like it would be elementary but i find it almost impossible. I want all sounds off, ringer on vibrate and notifications for Email/SMS/Chat.

I have downloaded and tried Locale but the service turns itself off whenever I accidentally hit the ringer button which is impossible to avoid.

Why is this so impossible? Can somebody help me get this setup?

Is there anything like profiles for blackberry that I might be able to download?

This is getting frustrating.

OP
D

droid100

Reaction score
Ok, figured out how to accomplish this.

In sounds/display, under ringtone volume, you must uncheck the box that says 'use incoming call volume for notifications'. Now, you can set the notification volume independently.

Set ringtone volume to 0, and then, notifications to whatever.

Go back and set the actual ringtone to silent. This will nullify the ringtone volume control button, as long as you don't silence or set to vibrate.

FINALLY! This worked for me, hope it helps you.

Now, if I could find a way to turn off the external ringer volume control, it would be perfect.

Reaction score
Thank you for this info. What I really want them to do is make an option to make the volume rocker for MASTER volume controlling all volumes... I never have any idea how high or low my media and notification volumes are until I play something or get an sms. Really annoying, can't ever trust that the phone is truely in silent mode, so I just turn it off.

Maximo

Reaction score
Thanks for your posts!

Does anyone know how to set your email notification sounds and SMS sounds independently? I like to keep my email silent.. but SMS going all the time. (As you can tell, Im coming from Windows Mobile).

thanks in advance..

Stigy

Reaction score
Just turn off the ringer notification for GMail/EMail.

Go into the application and hit Menu > Settings > Select Ringtone > Silent