1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tone instead of vibrate for text while on a call

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by andyhill72, Mar 6, 2010.

1. andyhill72

andyhill72 New Member

Hi,

Does anyone know how (if there's a way) to prevent my Droid from vibrating when I get a text/picture message while I'm on a call? I want my phone to vibrate on receipt of a text/picture message when I'm not on a call, but just a nice little beep or something when I'm on a call. I can't figure it out and it's really annoying. Today my phone vibrated during an important call and the person on the other end said it sounded to them like I had a goose on my shoulder. Thanks for any help!
  2. ISUVetMed

ISUVetMed New Member

I asked this question last week and got a lot of "why in the hell would you want it to make noise when you are calling!?" responses. Some people also said to try handcent, but I really like the default messaging setup and dont want to use a 3rd party system for messages. Id love to know if there is a solution I am missing too, this is the only phone I know of that wont give you a beep when you get a text while on the phone. Luckily I work at a vet clinic so everyone just thinks the vibrate is a cat screaming lol
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Unless you want to try and edit code, there's no way to do this with the stock app.
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Interesting. I never knew that a goose on your shoulder resembled a cat screaming.....:icon_ devil:
  5. TruthStands

TruthStands New Member

My wife just complained about this again while I was talking to her. Her phone is identical to mine but doesn't have this problem, so it must be something I enabled at one time. I decided to find the solution, and searched and searched before I found the answer to such a simple problem.

I know this is an old thread, but it still comes up at the top of the list on Google for this problem. I finally found the answer on eHow. The setting is found in the Messaging app, rather than in Settings where you have probably looked for it. Full instructions are at this link: How Do I Get My Droid to Vibrate When I Get a Text? | eHow.com

Since I couldn't find this solution on any forums, I'm posting it here.
  6. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

Weird. Mine only beeps when I get a text while on a call, no vibration.
  7. foxtrickle

foxtrickle New Member

I finally found a setting in CyanogenMod Settings that turns off vibrations during calls.
    Menu > Settings > CM Settings > Sound > Uncheck "Vibrate during calls".

Hope that helps.
Search tags for this page
beep during call
galaxy s4 vibrates during call
how can i make my phone vibrate while i'm on a call
how do i get my messages to vibrate when im on a call
how do i stop my phone from vibrating when i'm on a phone ca

how do i stop my s3 from vibrating when i am on a call

how do i stop the text vibration during a call on my galaxy
how to make my droid stop kocking during a call

how to remove vibration while message tone in samsung android phones

how to stop vibration during call on s3