Tone instead of vibrate for text while on a call

andyhill72

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how (if there's a way) to prevent my Droid from vibrating when I get a text/picture message while I'm on a call? I want my phone to vibrate on receipt of a text/picture message when I'm not on a call, but just a nice little beep or something when I'm on a call. I can't figure it out and it's really annoying. Today my phone vibrated during an important call and the person on the other end said it sounded to them like I had a goose on my shoulder. Thanks for any help!

ISUVetMed

Reaction score
I asked this question last week and got a lot of "why in the hell would you want it to make noise when you are calling!?" responses. Some people also said to try handcent, but I really like the default messaging setup and dont want to use a 3rd party system for messages. Id love to know if there is a solution I am missing too, this is the only phone I know of that wont give you a beep when you get a text while on the phone. Luckily I work at a vet clinic so everyone just thinks the vibrate is a cat screaming lol

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless you want to try and edit code, there's no way to do this with the stock app.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I never knew that a goose on your shoulder resembled a cat screaming.....:icon_ devil:

TruthStands

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how (if there's a way) to prevent my Droid from vibrating when I get a text/picture message while I'm on a call? I want my phone to vibrate on receipt of a text/picture message when I'm not on a call, but just a nice little beep or something when I'm on a call. I can't figure it out and it's really annoying. Today my phone vibrated during an important call and the person on the other end said it sounded to them like I had a goose on my shoulder. Thanks for any help!

My wife just complained about this again while I was talking to her. Her phone is identical to mine but doesn't have this problem, so it must be something I enabled at one time. I decided to find the solution, and searched and searched before I found the answer to such a simple problem.

I know this is an old thread, but it still comes up at the top of the list on Google for this problem. I finally found the answer on eHow. The setting is found in the Messaging app, rather than in Settings where you have probably looked for it. Full instructions are at this link: How Do I Get My Droid to Vibrate When I Get a Text? | eHow.com

Since I couldn't find this solution on any forums, I'm posting it here.

foxtrickle

Reaction score
I finally found a setting in CyanogenMod Settings that turns off vibrations during calls.
Menu > Settings > CM Settings > Sound > Uncheck "Vibrate during calls".

Hope that helps.