Vertical car dock

cuskit

Reaction score
i bought the parrot after. not sure i understand the question, the car had no built in bluetooth.
i wanted bluetooth audio, and bluetooth handsfree.

I was wondering why you needed the Parrot with a Droid if the Droid is bluetoothed to your stereo. My wife has an Odyssey Touring and it has the stereo bluetooth, no need for a hands free. With the droid bluetoothed to your stereo, wouldn't this negate the need for a Parrot?
What is the Parrot? I'm curious - never saw one of those before.. mike

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

I hadn't either but Google is so amazing:wink:
http://www.parrotshopping.com/us/p_parrot_item.aspx?i=172836

A bit expensive though... for that same price you can get an aftermarket head-unit that has all those features/abilities and more. But there are those who don't (or can't) loose their OEM head-unit so it's a good alternative for some.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing? It looks like you can use the Seido dock in vertical mode even though the fine print says this could damage the charging port. Are there any with a built in charging port?
ProClip's Droid mounts can rotate and there are options for power. They're not cheap but I've always used them in my cars and highly recommend them.

http://www.proclipusa.com/default.a...d=&parent_category=4&d_pcat=13420&d_cat=17970

You do need a vehicle mount in addition to the device mount. I'd suggest checking out Panavise's brackets instead of ProClip's vehicle mounts.

None of the Car Docks that I am aware of come with a built-in charger. The Car Dock Motorola makes is amazing imo, you could just... tilt it.
motorola car dock ftw..dunno why ppl buy from other brands when this is specifically made for our droids. Well if you use a case then you are out of luck with the motorola car dock.
Doesn't have a built-in charger though.

Another reason for not going with Motorola's car dock: I didn't want a windshield mount.

Motorola's docks aren't the only ones specifically made for the Droid.

Last edited:

cuskit

Reaction score

I hadn't either but Google is so amazing:wink:
Parrot: Bluetooth Car Kits: Parrot MKi9200 Advanced Bluetooth hands free car kit (US, English): Description

A bit expensive though... for that same price you can get an aftermarket head-unit that has all those features/abilities and more. But there are those who don't (or can't) loose their OEM head-unit so it's a good alternative for some.
Warrior,

What is Google? :icon_ devil:

Thanks - just felt lazy this morning. ;) Actually it was a reflex to type the question.

Very expensive! I have many other destinations to send my bucks! :icon_ banana: But thank you very much for the reply as well as the link! I'd like to be driving that convertible myself right now rather than the job I'm in the middle of (don't ask).

I'm wondering if some day one of these car manufacturers will "mirror" our cellphone screens on the in dash screen (such as the built-in GPS). Kind of like placing the phone in a dock (perhaps in a center console, etc) out of view - and you then see your phone on the screen, and have steering wheel control of all phone functions (all sound running through the cars sound system). Or voice control et al... Maybe 5 years down the road or less? :) mike

seang

Reaction score
Is there such a thing? It looks like you can use the Seido dock in vertical mode even though the fine print says this could damage the charging port. Are there any with a built in charging port?
ProClip's Droid mounts can rotate and there are options for power. They're not cheap but I've always used them in my cars and highly recommend them.

ProClip Mounting System - Device Holders

You do need a vehicle mount in addition to the device mount. I'd suggest checking out Panavise's brackets instead of ProClip's vehicle mounts.

None of the Car Docks that I am aware of come with a built-in charger. The Car Dock Motorola makes is amazing imo, you could just... tilt it.
motorola car dock ftw..dunno why ppl buy from other brands when this is specifically made for our droids. Well if you use a case then you are out of luck with the motorola car dock.
Doesn't have a built-in charger though.

Another reason for not going with Motorola's car dock: I didn't want a windshield mount.

Motorola's docks aren't the only ones specifically made for the Droid.
mines not mounted on the windshield.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

ProClip Mounting System - Device Holders

Proclips are good but overpriced, as you said. Just found this alternative:
InDash Custom Mount with Gripper Holder - GR2531/1642/InDash by:
It's the same thing (custom vehicle specific mounts) for half the price:icon_ banana:. They don't have the power adapter though:mad:

lectrik1

Reaction score
It would be cool if they had a heads-up display that would display everything on your windshield so you wouldn't have to look away from the road. This would be handy for the Nav system.

mikes

Reaction score
For a removable, non-damaging, mount, silicone caulk can work well on many surfaces. Attach the mount using it (tape it in place until it cures). To remove, a piece of dental floss can usually be used to cut through it, then the remnants can be rubbed off.