Verizon's Sneaky New DROID Advertising trick

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
What do you guys think about this and is it happening with your phone?

[video=youtube;1aOBIO8LbbI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aOBIO8LbbI&feature=sub[/video]

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Well, I have a D2 and it didn't do it to me. However I also have a Mac so that may be the reason why.

Dusty

Gold Member
Just watched it. It never happened to me on my X.

I'm more tweaked at the BS with CityID on the DX.

Last edited:

kevinkar

Nope. Droid X, 2.2 OTA, stock, XP Pro SP3. Every time I plug mine in, I get the Moto Connect icon in the system tray but that's about it.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
If anyone is having this Problem here is how to fix it...
Disabling it is easy. Just go to the notification area on your Windows taskbar, right-click the MotoConnect icon, and set "When phone connects, launch" to "Nothing." And pray this practices ceases in the future.

Stop that annoying VCAST popup | Android Central

disot25

nothing new

this happened to me after I installed all the drivers for the droid x on windows. If you right click on the motorola icon that appears when you connect to x to a pc (motoconnect) there is an option that says (when phone connects) and the just click on do nothnig. It has always been there since I first got my Droid X when it first came out. Hope this helps

kevinkar

Now that you two mention that, I did indeed do that already when I first loaded up the MotoConnect software. So I guess that's why I never saw the ad!