Verizon's Motorola Droid Ultra and Droid Maxx Specs Detailed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-does-eye.png

Here are the specs we could find on the two new flagship Droid devices for Verizon, the Motorola Droid Ultra and the Droid Maxx: (obviously the specs of the two devices are the same, the only difference is the larger battery on the Maxx)
  • 5̶-̶i̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶H̶D̶ ̶1̶0̶8̶0̶p̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ [We are also seeing intel that the display will only be 720p.]
  • Q̶u̶a̶d̶-̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶S̶n̶a̶p̶d̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶8̶0̶0̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶o̶r̶ [More than likely this is erroneous. The processor is likely to be a dual-core of some kind.]
  • 5″ 720 OLED Display
  • 8-core processor architecture called X8 Mobile Computing - includes 2 application processor cores, 4 graphics process cores, 1 contextual computing core, and 1 natural language core.
  • 10-megapixel camera
  • Kevlar case
  • Confirmed 3,500mAh battery for the Droid Maxx
  • 2,130mAh battery for the Ultra
This is hardly complete, so we will keep adding to this as more details are revealed.

We don't know much about the Droid Mini other than it will come with a 4.3-inch 720p display and a 2000 mAh battery. We will add details about it as they come as well.

Update: It looks like the above details could have been misreported. We will change them as soon as we find out the facts. Consider this story continuously developing, and feel free to ad more info to the thread...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well after seeing this thread I need to correct what I said in the last.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they've managed to put a great camera experience in these things, then I think they're pretty cool. Not game changing, but still great upgrades from last year's models.

However, unless Moto / Verizon is prepared to do a marketing blitzkrieg, I don't see these even making a dent in the Samsung / Apple hegemony. And even if they do a marketing blitzkrieg, it'll be Droid-based, so who knows how practical the ads will be.

Add to that the confusion of the Moto X which is supposedly coming to Verizon soon, and the fact we know they're planning to market the heck out of that, and these Droids will definitely not be the Droids that anybody is looking for I'm afraid. But maybe Moto/VZW is ok with that, since these are likely the last from the Jha era at Motorola.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What's a bootloader? Hehe ...ok nothing we really didn't expect from most rumors ..some people will be happy (regular Joes) and the rest will complain ...lol

N2 tap'd HD

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
What's a bootloader? Hehe ...ok nothing we really didn't expect from most rumors ..some people will be happy (regular Joes) and the rest will complain ...lol

I always lock my bootloader.

bootload.jpg

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Why is VZW even wasting their money on the Droid branding at this point?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The X8 Mobile Computing System has me interested in the Ultra/MAXX. The experience should be a really smooth one. No lag or hiccups. I personally like the direction they are moving with the Droid Line-up. Looks like they are bringing elements of the X over to their Droid line-up which is a very smart move. Now I'm curious as to how the X is going to take advantage of the X8 Mobile Computing System.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Why is VZW even wasting their money on the Droid branding at this point?
Motorola--of the past--screwed up a really good thing with the Droid branding, but it's still salvageable. There's no denying that the original marketing drive was pure brilliance. It was so good, that every Android phone on the market was called a Droid for a time there. It's still got name recognition. With the right people marketing the handsets and a continued progressive evolution of hardware it can reemerge as a top brand.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
The X8 Mobile Computing System has me interested in the Ultra/MAXX. The experience should be a really smooth one. No lag or hiccups. I personally like the direction they are moving with the Droid Line-up. Looks like they are bringing elements of the X over to their Droid line-up which is a very smart move. Now I'm curious as to how the X is going to take advantage of the X8 Mobile Computing System.

I'd definitely like more info on this for sure ...I'm not planning on getting a phone but sounds good ..

N2 tap'd HD