Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

windstrings

Reaction score
jedibandit said:
wifi. when I turn on the wifi I can't surf or use market. But I can with 3g

You might try to delete your wifi and tell it to forget ... then go back in and reconnect and make a new connection.

I've seen this problem after the update... minor settings get changed and there needs to be a "renegotiation" before the connection will work again.

If its "never" worked on wifi "to access the net" then you prob just have that setting turned off in your router software.
It may be easier to make sure your router works for internet with another wireless device like your laptop before worrying about the droid if thats the case.

hemimoose

Reaction score
It wouldn't play. I've seen this animation before so I know what it's supposed to do. I had someone send it to me so I could save it & maybe get it to play that way like you suggested. Still wasn't able to play. It showed up as a still picture.
I'm having the same problem with not being able to view animations or videos sent by MMS. I haved saved the one it would let me save. Didn't help. Not a reason to get rid of the phone but it is disapointing that a phone supposedly this advanced & definately this expensive can't do something an old Razr can do. Hopefully this can and will be fixed with an update. Seems like the developers dropped the ball on this one.
1. What happens when you get them? If you press and hold, do you have an option to save? If so, can you then play it back from the phone? The 2.0.1 update fixed a problem with some MMS messages from LG phones not working properly.

2. Do you mean in a certain email? Did you click "Show Pictures"? Did it still happen after that? Would it happen to be a corporate account, by chance?

Sorry for not having answers, I just need a little bit more information.

What happens when you save it and try to view it?

OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score
It wouldn't play. I've seen this animation before so I know what it's supposed to do. I had someone send it to me so I could save it & maybe get it to play that way like you suggested. Still wasn't able to play. It showed up as a still picture.
I'm having the same problem with not being able to view animations or videos sent by MMS. I haved saved the one it would let me save. Didn't help. Not a reason to get rid of the phone but it is disapointing that a phone supposedly this advanced & definately this expensive can't do something an old Razr can do. Hopefully this can and will be fixed with an update. Seems like the developers dropped the ball on this one.

What happens when you save it and try to view it?

What format is it in?

dave1020

Reaction score
Hey Viper, THanks so much for being here to help us less tech friendly people. I just go the droid and i love it so far. I do have one problem that's driving me crazy and it may have been covered already, but there's 53 pages, and well, my ADHD go the best of me!

Anyways, in the gallery section. i have 2 folders, one is camera pictures and camera media. both folders caintan the same pictures and when i delete a picture in one folder, it delete's the same picture in the other folder! also, it seems to be automatically saving a picture of my company logo's on my emails. not just once, but everytime i open an email that contains the picture. so at the end of the day, i have 10 folders with the same graphic in it. how do i stop it from doing it. I use touchdown for exchange server info.

Thanks for your time!

OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score
Hey Viper, THanks so much for being here to help us less tech friendly people. I just go the droid and i love it so far. I do have one problem that's driving me crazy and it may have been covered already, but there's 53 pages, and well, my ADHD go the best of me!

Anyways, in the gallery section. i have 2 folders, one is camera pictures and camera media. both folders caintan the same pictures and when i delete a picture in one folder, it delete's the same picture in the other folder! also, it seems to be automatically saving a picture of my company logo's on my emails. not just once, but everytime i open an email that contains the picture. so at the end of the day, i have 10 folders with the same graphic in it. how do i stop it from doing it. I use touchdown for exchange server info.

Thanks for your time!

My phone does the same thing. You could delete one of the folders, I supposed if that helps you. Touchdown auto caches the images for me too. I don't think you can tell it to put those images in another folder.

windstrings

Reaction score

Thanks for your time!

HI Dave and welcome.... the gallery actually is showing you different directories as it were. One will show "every picture you have no matter where its located", while others will show you only whats in a given directory.. such as those your camera took or a personal photo directory you may have.

Download a file manager like Astro and it will all make more sense when you can see whats in what directory.....

When you deleted a file in the global directory, you really deleted in in other subdirectory underneath the global and so it didn't show in either.

When you look in astro, you won't see subdirectories l ike that per se, but I just explained it that way so it would make more sense.

As far as you logo, somehow, somewhere you downloaded it or its somewhere on your sd card and its showing in the appropriate directory.

If you add enough different directories with pics in it, when you open your gallery, you will literally have to scroll to see them all, but the global will show it all.

Notice pictures is just that.. "media" is pictures "and other types of media.
you will have a directory in gallery called "all videos".. but yet another called "videos".. the one is global, the other is not.

If you create a directory with astro and move files to it, you will then see yet another in the gallery with the name you gave that directory with the pics within that directory you put into it.. those same pics will also be in "all pictures"...

Its kinda weird at first, but actually pretty cool once you figure it out.

mpeg14

Reaction score
email trash

Is there a way to quickly select all items in the email app? I had 100+ messages in the trash folder and could not find a way to "select all" and empty the trash quickly.

OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score
Is there a way to quickly select all items in the email app? I had 100+ messages in the trash folder and could not find a way to "select all" and empty the trash quickly.

Unfortunately not.

dave1020

Reaction score
Thanks Vipor and Wind. I will download Astro and play around with it. I really appreciate you both taking the time!

Happy Holidays to you both!
Dave

cwmajors

Reaction score
Viperboy said:
Well, our 3G network is very extensive and you should get it pretty much anywhere you go, but I can't promise that you'll always have it. Check the coverage map. Does it show that you should have 3G at your house and close to it? If so, call Verizon and tell them that. They will put in a ticket and check the towers if it is a network issue. Did you ever see the "EV" on your previous phones when you were at your house? Try doing *228 option 2 before you call and see if that helps.

I just talked to VZW technical support and they submitted a ticket. They also had me do *228, but option 1- the person on the phone said option 2 was for if you are going to be away from home for a period of time, while option 1 was more permanent. At least, that's how she explained it.

Thanks again for your help. Hopefully this'll work- they said it might take a few days for the ticket to get worked, which is understandable.

dave1020

Reaction score
oh, one more question....

why does the driod NOT stay OFF when i try and charge at night? I've tried to plug the power cord in first, then shut down, and vise versa. Always turns back on.

With my other phones, i always felt i got a better charge if the phone was off.

thanks!!!!

styx

Reaction score
oh, one more question....

why does the driod NOT stay OFF when i try and charge at night? I've tried to plug the power cord in first, then shut down, and vise versa. Always turns back on.

With my other phones, i always felt i got a better charge if the phone was off.

thanks!!!!
According to the direction "the phone will always stay on during charging".

nbajam

Reaction score
Viper,

Having a problem with the Gallery. When I go to view pics, in any of the available options, either all pictures or camera media, around 6-8 of the thumbnails load and the application then freezes (showing white boxes where the others should be) and brings up the force close dialogue after some time. If I choose wait, and wait a couple more seconds, the rest of the thumbnails appear and I'm able to do anything as normal.

I've tried everything I can think of including moving the pictures from the default camera folder to another folder, deleting the thumbnails from the folder on the SD card (when I do this, it regenerates each of them slowly, but the app does seem to work without force closing...after it does that once it goes back to its old behavior of force closing), and I've tried starting in safe mode. Always the same.

I have Astro and have used the gallery feature of that without issue but its not as convenient as the Gallery is.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

king kumo

Reaction score
for some reason, my moto droid doesnt lock anymore when i press the button on the top right of the phone and also the home soft key doesnt work anymore. i never touched anything to make it act this way

Status
Not open for further replies.