Verizon now offering phone trade-in program

UNC

Reaction score
I think the Eris is worth more because it is in shorter supply, and because Verizon doesn't want their customers running around with a ****ty phone that has their name on it....When you compare the Eris to any 2010 phone you begin to see how ****ty the Eris really is/was.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
$52.00 dollars for an Original Droid....Not mine, Never!

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Craigslist is my trade in partner...lol. Sold my Original Droid for 200 bucks a few days ago :)

BigZig

Reaction score
You could by an Eris with 2 year contact for $99 now there buying them back for 135 does not make much sense to me but what do I know.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
this is such a rip off! if you want to get rid of your tech go to gazelle.com, I had a palm pre plus that I sold there a month ago and it was a good experience. They also sent me a prepaid box for shipping an everything. If you dont want to sell it on Craigslist ( best and the most fair ) or you could do ebay ( after all their fees you will still get more than Verizon will give you )

I actually got more for the palmpre on gazelle than the net i could have gotten on Ebay and more than they where going for on craigslist. Droid 2 on Gazelle $302 DroidX $322, still not awesome compared to what they are being sold for on ebay but then ebay and paypal steal about 20% or more.

Moral of the story is use your brain and make more money on your stuff which ever way you choose to get rid of it. @ $30 per hour I could spend a few hours selling my tech my self instead of giving more profit to Verizon.

Beardface

Reaction score
Supply and demand...

Want to know why the Droid is so cheap on here? Its because Verizon was literally giving them away and completely saturated the market. The sheer number of them out there has made them relatively worthless. There were too many out there for them to be a valuable commodity anymore, and thus, their value plummeted. The amount they are giving you for the replacement is simply enough to cover some of the cost of the parts they would have to manufacture otherwise for the Droid 2.

As for the Droid Eris, I can understand why it is pricey. If you have one that works and can legitimately be used as a replacement, you have a rare phone. Verizon wants that for people who need a replacement. Therefore, you have a valuable phone.

And for the iPhone. Interesting that Verizon would even take them in, but then again, they can turn around and sell those back to Apple/AT&T for a markup on the amount they pay you, and they still make some money off it. They lowball you in order to make a profit.

everstar80

Reaction score
I can't believe that my piece of crap old lg ally is worth more than my droid 2! It hasn't even been out more than two months, hell they just released another version of the droid 2 today. Anyways, I wish that they would extend this program to if you wanted to trade in for an upgrade they can maybe make it so that the phone that you are trading in was still available for sale at the store they would subtract the amount the trade in is worth from the original price the phone was worth and then apply that to a new device that you wanted. The price I paid for my ally was about 200 before the rebate and the trade in is worth 72 so after subtracting that's about 128 and then simply apply it to a new device that is coming like the droid pro or some other new device. I think it could catch on. Verizon would probably make a new pricing system for that kind of situation.