Don't forget about Verizon's Droid Eris

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I am not a fan of track balls on phones so I would have to pass on the HTC. I did play around with one at the Verizon store while I was waiting and it seemed slow to me?

TatDroid

Reaction score
I have a Droid, my daughter has an Eris. There are definite advantages to both. Many of the Droid advantages have already been mentioned: faster processor, higher res screen, QWERTY keyboard, Android 2.0, etc. However, some people (women?) feel the Droid is a bit big, heavy, and clunky. It's a matter of taste. What some people see as "solid, quality" others see as "clunky"... And while some may feel the trackball of the Eris is "unnecessary", it does make editing on the onscreen keyboard a snap. Anyway, I love my Droid and wouldn't want an Eris. My daughter loves her Eris and wouldn't want a Droid.

Choices. It's a good thing.

JojosDroid

Reaction score
Agreed, I'm not usually one for stereotyping lol, but I bought the Eris for myself and the Moto for my husband and we are both very happy with the choices we made. The Moto is heavier, bulky, square...hence more masculine. I didn't need the full keyboard, and I am very happy with the virtual keyboard so far. Maybe because I am "learning" on the Eris too, but I find it much easier to navigate. My brother in law on the other hand likes my Eris better, and his hands are probably as big as my head, lol. But he also has owned a G1 too. They are both awesome phones.

jimmerz

Reaction score
lol...I am a pretty big guy and I LOVE my Eris! I really am new to smart phones and I sat in the verizon store for a long time playing with both phones. I originally wanted the Moto Droid because of the physical slide out QWERTY. But after using the virtual keyboard and you dont even have to spell the word right just get in the ball park and it fills it in for you. I think I can text even faster? I am not sure if they are the same as far as sleep modes go, but I LOVE using my phone as my alarm and it seems that once this phone is in sleep mode my alarm is non functioning....So far only complaint (other than shoter battery than I would like, but I have been using it ALOT because its a new toy).

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
I was checking out the Eris at a local Best Buy. Seems like an excellent alternative to the Droid. I really liked it. My sister is in the market for a smartphone and I told her to check it out. She sees how an Android phone runs from playing with my Droid, and now she's set on the HTC Eris.

Droids are taking over :droideris::icon_ devil::motdroidvert:

QR_addict

Reaction score
I seriously considered the Eris, but once you go Droid you never go, back?:motdroidhoriz:

calpilot7

Reaction score
Eris.......HTC......????? What's that? LOL!!!! :)

Moto blows HTC into the weeds.....Finally a GREAT phone for Verizon!

noles200

Reaction score
I seriously considered the Eris, but once you go Droid you never go, back?:motdroidhoriz:

I went from Droid to Eris. Overall I do like the Eris but the battery life on it is a killer. Need to get more than 8 to 10 hours out of this.