Verizon Droid Phone #2 Launches Nov 6th for $99

Naut Human

Reaction score
That is a great looking phone as well, I have no personal knowledge of HTC products, but a friend of mine just got the Hero and simply loves it. That said, I just cannot take my eyes off of the Droid.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this phone is a great addition to Verizon. There is the Droid that is powerful, has a qwerty, big screen, big camera, cutting edge OS, etc. Then there is the Eris that is lower in price, offers a prettier OS, and is smaller and lighter. They both have their good points and I think both should be very successful.

ZX-10R

Reaction score
This is probably the phone i will get this weekend...Coming from the LG Dare im used to not having a physical keyboard but i woul dlike to have the google nav.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is probably the phone i will get this weekend...Coming from the LG Dare im used to not having a physical keyboard but i woul dlike to have the google nav.

Not a bad choice at all. Looks very nice to me :D

xjman349

Reaction score
sweet, good for those who just want the virtual keyboard. according to the verizon guy i talked to that has played with both, the speed between the two is not that noticeable, so it's really personal preference...

I can also confirm this. I have played with both devices and the processor is very similar the speed of both devices are pretty close to each other.

bassic83

Reaction score
I want the MotoDroid. I could probably deal with the Eris as a substitute, but I would much rather have the bigger screen and qwerty kbd. The 5MP camera is a bonus. Hopefully this phone will be a keeper. Tired of CrackBerries and WinCE phones make me WinCE. :D

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I do believe it does but I head that it's alot work of a camera, which i'm sure can be fixed with patch releases.

bassic83

Reaction score
Interesting. But the Moto comes with 2.0, while the Hero/Eris will have to wait for the OS to be ported over later. I think going bleeding-edge is for me. I've been an early adopter of tech for a long time, and tend to discard junk that doesn't work or doesn't meet my needs. So I pay a little more to have the latest, at least I can get under the hood and figure stuff out! ;)

ZX-10R

Reaction score
I think both phones will work out fine i just dont wanna switch all my contacts threw google to get to me email.. were the Eris will sync wit outlook has MT/Pinchzoom but runs the older OS and slower processor which i think is fine for a begginer like me. Once I get adjusted to how things work i can then maybe upgrade to bigger/better things down the road..

Heck i wont even upgrade to windows 7 why cause XP works fine for me and never had a problem with it.... Next system will def be an Apple iMac fo'sho.

memoself

Reaction score
How are you getting a 100.00 rebate and 100.00 credit?????? I only knew about the 100.00 rebate. Please tell!!

pilot25

Reaction score
Remember the Eris is Android 1.5 not 2.0. I don't know if it's a big difference.