Verizon now offering phone trade-in program

jklein92

Reaction score
yes, i mean im sure verizon even on a rooted cellphone has the capability to COMPLETELY wipe the phone and put their factory defaults.. no? i guess since "rooting" has been legalized its worth a shot right?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You'll need to do that first. By violating the warranty they most likely won't take it back and pay you for it. And don't expect the full $134 you're seeing now as that would require a phone without a scratch, scuff, mark, mar, etc.

You'd probably have better luck selling it on eBay or Craigslist.

jklein92

Reaction score
do you have a link or would you be able to recommend a way of getting my droid eris back to to factory stock from KaosFroyo v39

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
So they are trying to lowball me by more than 5 times on a Droid?

And WTF at the Eris trade in price. I think Verizon is desperately trying to kill off the D1 considering how open and useful it is.

$52 is a joke for root users that own the original droid. I can't speak for other root users but verizon will never offer me enough money to take my original droid off my hands. If the goal is to try and reduce the amount of rooted phones on the market, they are going to have to bring a lot more to the table.

However, I think getting original droids off the market is just a added bonus to their real objective of getting customers locked into a new 2 year contract. Think about it if we trade in our android devices, most of us are going to take a step backwards, we are going to get another android device or smart phone device of some sort.

jklein92

Reaction score
can somebody give me a link for an easy way to get amon_RA recovery

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, this is an article about Verizon's program. Droid Forums does not allow buying/selling/trading of Droids, and any post like that will be deleted.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
They are Crazy

47481783.jpg

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
They are Crazy

47481783.jpg

??? Huh??
I just did the same thing and got $124

Accept Trade-In Value

Appraised Value $124.00

Manufacturer : Motorola
Model : DROID X
The device could make outbound calls with a calling plan. Yes Does the display work? Yes Is the display cracked? No

monkeydog

Reaction score
Awesome! $32 for an enV Touch.... we have 3 of these laying around now since the whole family upgraded to Droids so we're going to get $96 out of this!!

Jordan8

Reaction score
$8 for my old LG chocolate touch. Boo.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App