Verizon Internet?

Squeak87

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Verizon charges to have home internet installed and is it any good? My options are Verizon or DirectTV.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it DSL or FiOS?

You need to ask around your area to see if other people have DSL. The issue with DSL is it works great the closer you are to the CO. If you can't find out how far away you are, they you will know if you are going to have a good connection or not.

However, satellite is pricey and the upload speed is generally atrocious.

silvrbullt1

Reaction score
Directv uses century link or verizon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
I believe I'm pretty far away from any main offices or sites. I live in Plantersville, Texas. I am going to read up on the details when I get a chance but I still wanted some feedback from people.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
silvrbullt1 said:
Directv uses century link or verizon.

Which is better in your opinion? I figured since I am already paying for my phones through Verizon I might just go through them, but I don't want to pay an unreasonable amount for crappy internet service.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
As far as internet service with verizon dsl, I notice no difference between my office which uses verizon dsl or my home, which is time warner roadrunner. Customer support has been great with verizon also. They walked me through every step when I set up our network with three pc's and two laptops.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

nikecar

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Verizon charges to have home internet installed and is it any good? My options are Verizon or DirectTV.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)
every company here doesn't charge for installation, unless you need to add jacks or something not basic.

I'm not sure if you are taking about Verizon DSL or FiOS. you neve said even when asked. Verizon has on their webpage the ability to tell you if you can get FiOS or not. Have you done that?

If its FiOS, get that. I'm on a 15/5 plan and regularly get 20/5 or 20/10.

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
Sorry, I never did find out about FiOS but when I called they said the only service provider in my area is Century Link. So I suppose I am stuck with that.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

silvrbullt1

Reaction score
I use century link but I'm in Washington. I have no issues with it here. They upgraded it to fiber optics just
recently.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
FiOS is the best, but I doubt they have it in Plantersville :) - though you are kinda close to Houston, so who knows...

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
Thank you all for the input. When I have the opportunity to look into Verizon and FiOS I certainly will. I will update soon with my connection and speed details through Century Link.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Fios is amazing if you can get it you can get up 200 mbps up but that's probably outrageous

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

vatothe0

Reaction score
I use century link but I'm in Washington. I have no issues with it here. They upgraded it to fiber optics just
recently.

I can see the Seattle CO from my deck and can only get 6-7mbps down.