Stock ICS Browser vs. Third Party Browser

Squeak87

Reaction score
What's everyone's opinion on the stock ICS browser vs. a third party browser like Dolphin HD or Skyfire? Speed, interface, etc.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

cleave

Reaction score
I have always been a fan of Dolphin HD because it was faster, but since the new update i think the stock browser works very good too.

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
I like Dolphin HD as well over others. I have recently installed the new .215 leak which comes with Chrome, so I have been giving Chrome a shot the last few days. Its really good but I would like more options for it like Dolphin HD has.

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I too have been using Chrome now since the .215 leak and like it over the stock browser. Two things I miss about the stock are the home screen option and the ability to actually hit Exit from the menu to close out.

Now I just close all my tabs and back out, so not too much more work.

azle

Reaction score
I just did the 215 leak and don't see a difference in the browser still looks the same, did i miss somthing?

Azle

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have always stuck with the stock browser on all of my devices. Tried others but always come back to stock. But I am using ICS Browser+ right now. It just improves on the stock ICS browser by adding gestures and quick control ring customization among a few other small changes.

Tap'd from my Maxx

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I just did the 215 leak and don't see a difference in the browser still looks the same, did i miss somthing?

Azle

The stock browser is the same, but they added Google Chrome which I like better.

azle

Reaction score
I figured it out sometimes I move a little slow but now CHROME is my default. This really is a great device!

Azle

azle

Reaction score
Hey Sydman I see your a Texan too, good to see good representation form our great state!
I will update my profile.....
Azle

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hey Sydman I see your a Texan too, good to see good representation form our great state!
Azle

Yep lived here for 28 of my 29 years on Earth, was in upstate NY for a year but moved back.

BaSHa

Reaction score
I used Dolphin HD for two years and really enjoyed it, but happen to stumble across ICS Browser+ in another thread on here and love it! The Quick Control Rings are very nice, so be sure to enable them!

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
azle said:
Azle

I live in Texas as well, been here just over a year. I am originally from Cincinnati, Ohio.

<<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius .215}-->>

okcthunderfan

Reaction score
I used Dolphin HD for two years and really enjoyed it, but happen to stumble across ICS Browser+ in another thread on here and love it! The Quick Control Rings are very nice, so be sure to enable them!

Same thing here. I've been using ICS Browser+ exclusively since switching from Dolphin HD. I like it better than Chrome, too. The customizable quick control rings are great. I love the gestures, too, so I can swipe right to go forward and swipe left to go back.