I got flash & hulu+ to work with ics, yay :)

Reaction score
I was probably more pissed than anyone about the ICS update. I still have one issue to resolve, and that's the Webtop 3.0 that's far inferior to Webtop 2.0. No more split screen abilities & no more making calls while surfing the web in Dock mode. My HD Docking station allowed me to truck HULU into believing I was using a PC, but not after the update. That on top of the 1st problems I mentioned, made for one pissed man with a Razr in his hand, ready to do some damage.

Here are two fixes to the biggest problems that turned our phones into glorified iPhones.

1) make sure you uninstall Adobe flash player.
2) load Dolphin Browser from google play store
3) Go to Adobe.com & reload Adobe flash player from there
4) Disable stock browser. You don't have to, but it makes things smoother & eliminates the chances of you trying to use flash on stock browser, which freezes your phone.

The above steps now allow for you to watch all of the same flash videos as before the ICS update. Yes, all of YouTube, etc.. No more "you need flash" messages, no more freezing the phone when trying to use flash with stock browser.

BUT WHAT ABOUT HULU? Those of you without HD docking stations were probably unaware that the firefox browser allowed a workaround & tricked HULU into believing it was a PC.

**SOLUTION**

Load the "Puffin" browser from the GoogleGoogle play store. It's already set to desktop by default, so no need to go into settings. This browser allows your phone to play HULU & HULU+. It is possible that you don't even need Dolphin browser, but I happen to really like that browser, so I have it anyway.

If there are those of you that already knew of these fixes, I couldn't find a post talking about it, so thanks. This is for those of us that were unaware.

I will look for a workaround of Webtop 3.0 that will allow us to have split screen abilities and I will post an update here. Thanks...

**UPDATE**

You don't need Dolphin, the Puffin browser is an excellent browser & I'm starting to prefer it over Dolphin. I love the mouse pad! Flash & HULU work wool with Puffin!

Last edited:

Domestic violence

Reaction score
I have a RAZR Maxx. I also have flash which I downloaded from the play store which works fine.

S

SFGate

Thanks for posting the workarounds. Glad you are getting issues resolved.

tygerchylde

Reaction score
AlienIlluminati said:
3) Go to Adobe.com & reload Adobe flash player from there

Can you explain this a little further?
Do I need to be in desktop mode?
If not, it takes me to the market to install Flash Player.
I am confus

OP
AlienIlluminati
Reaction score
Can you explain this a little further?
Do I need to be in desktop mode?
If not, it takes me to the market to install Flash Player.
I am confus

Go to adobe dot com, to the right, you'll see a tab that says "download". Under it, you'll see different Adobe apps. Click "Adobe Flash Player". It should download automatically. Not sure if you NEED to be in desktop mode, but i would do it there just in case. Adobe is no longer in the market anyway.

Last edited:

tygerchylde

Reaction score
OK, to clarify, go to Adobe's downloads page in _Android_ client mode and hit the flash player download.
It will take you to the play store.
Download the Flash Player.
Enjoy flash video again!

Tested and approved!

Thank you, sir. You are a god among men!

OP
AlienIlluminati
Reaction score
OK, to clarify, go to Adobe's downloads page in _Android_ client mode and hit the flash player download.
It will take you to the play store.
Download the Flash Player.
Enjoy flash video again!

Tested and approved!

Thank you, sir. You are a god among men!

You're quite welcome. Just to clarify, three play site no longer carries Adobe Flash Player. It came from their website. Also, I found 3 browsers that work fine with Adobe. Enjoy!

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
So once you get Flash Player, I assume you go to Hulu on your browser rather than running the Hulu Plus app right?

tygerchylde

Reaction score
AlienIlluminati said:
You're quite welcome. Just to clarify, three play site no longer carries Adobe Flash Player. It came from their website. Also, I found 3 browsers that work fine with Adobe. Enjoy!

Yeah, the download just looks like the play store.

Again, thank you!