Was testing some browser speeds....

Reaction score
Cause I wanted to find out which browser was fastest. So I tested it with this site [http:// and all]

These were my times for the select browser I tested it on [WITH Verizon 4G]
Firefox: 21 Seconds
Skyfire Browser: 29 Seconds
Maxthon Browser: 30 Seconds
Boat Browser: 33 Seconds
Stock Browser: 36 Seconds
Dolphin Browser HD: 37 Seconds
Opera Browser: 51 Seconds
Opera Mini Browser: 51 Seconds

All the browser were freshly installed and the stock browser was reset so as it was never used. Any other browsers that you guys think can beat Firefox's speed?

Forgot to say that I was using 4G for this.

Update: Tomorrow I'll be doing it with my Home Wifi which is alot faster [50mpbs Download, 8Mpbs Upload] to see if maybe my signal strength with Verizon is the problem.

Home WiFi Router Test

Opera Browser: 21 Seconds
Skyfire Browser: 22 Seconds
Firefox Browser: 23 Seconds
Dolphin Browser HD: 23 Seconds
Stock Browser: 24 Seconds
Boat Browser: 25 Seconds
Maxthon Browser: 28 Seconds

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wasn't that impressed with Firefox itself on my Bionic. I guess I can try it again.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Did you try Opera Mini? So far that's the fastest browser I've used. I use it for everyday casual browsing and then if I need a richer web experience then I go with Dolphin HD.

OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
Updated. And like I said, I'll be using my Home Router Wifi to see if the speeds change with the browsers. My signal strength in my room to connect with 4G is -86 decibels so maybe with a faster closer connection, we will see a clear cut winner

striker85

Reaction score
Glad to see you used wifi too. Verizon 4G is such a variable at this point.

That being said, i liked opera but the stock browser seems to be the least crash prone browser I've tried so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I've used Dolphin for at least a year now and still love it. I can handle waiting a few more seconds, it's all the plugins and easy UI that keeps me around. Very cool thread though, good to know.

I've also heard the brand newest version of Firefox, that was just released a week or two ago, is actually pretty solid. Anyone?

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
I thought the "general" consensus was that dolphin and opera were the best/fastest. That's why I switch between those two. I thought firefox didn't support flash? My info is 6-12 months old. Have things changed?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
To me for speed and function dolphin mini is the best browser by far. I have tried several different browsers and always come back to it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

nikecar

Reaction score
I find FireFox boots up slow. Opera doesn't load pages properly for me. Dolphin I hated the bookmarks.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

billyk

Reaction score
Although not touted much here, I find Boat Browser to be the best from the perspectives of stability, performance and usability. Prior to Boat, I was a fan of both the stock browser and Opera.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I know this thread is about speed of different browsers, but here are some tricks to speed things up. In browser settings change plugins to "on demand" and turn off java script. Kills most ads and speeds up pages loading considerably. Sometimes I have to turn java back on to get part of a webpage to work that I need to use. Make surfing the web bearable on 3G.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although not touted much here, I find Boat Browser to be the best from the perspectives of stability, performance and usability. Prior to Boat, I was a fan of both the stock browser and Opera.

Yeah, Boat Browser is pretty good. I tried Firefox again and still wasn't that happy with it. I used to have Dolphin HD, but now just Boat Browser and stock.

Last edited:

Vicious1

Reaction score
I used dolphin browsher HD for about 18 months, and recently found Boat Browser. After using it for a week, I've uninstalled Dolphin. It's a similar ui, with similar tabs, but I like some of the other options on Boat, including the option to window your tabs and flick through them. I never got into using gestures on Dolphin anyway. I also like the option for more speed dial apps on the boat:home page. Plus, it's a bit faster, and a much smaller install. Just wish it had more color options, since all four of their default colors kinda suck =/

I also like it better than dolphin because location services actually work, whereas dolphin does not support location at present.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Just downloaded & tried Boat Browser... it definitely has potential & might oust Dolphin on my phone... thanks for the suggestion!

~it's not just a phone~