Google and Verizon's attempt to Destroy the Internet

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Anyone else seen/read this? I really don't understand net neutrality, but what I do, I think it's a stupid idea. I mean, I thought the whole idea of the internet was to link everyone around the world, in one fast and easy way. Now big companies like Verizon and Google want to destroy that. I mean come on, Google is like the biggest thing on the internet and does that central purpose the best.

I expect this from Verizon, but not Google. One of the greatest things on the internet, and that has stayed FREE from when it first started.

How the Google/Verizon proposal could kill the internet in 5 years

OP
SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Both companies have completely shot down these rumors.
Seriously? I just read the article lol, and I believe Engadet or Gizmodo had an article saying Google and Verizon had a big meeting. Goes to show how delayed I am ;)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seriously? I just read the article lol, and I believe Engadet or Gizmodo had an article saying Google and Verizon had a big meeting. Goes to show how delayed I am ;)

yeah doesn't mean it won't happen though but as of right now both companies are adamantly denying the reports.

OP
SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend

Reaction score

yeah doesn't mean it won't happen though but as of right now both companies are adamantly denying the reports.
True, the big internet companies have been talking about net neutrality since what, the moment the internet popped uo? If I remember correctly, one of the big thing's in Obama's campaign was that he was against net neutrality and promised to stop it from happening. Again this may be a rumor, cause I think I saw it on a barelypolitical video ;)