Verizon Galaxy Nexus Makes Its Debut Video Appearance in the Wild!

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
By Sim I assume you mean 4g lte card. It is not a Sim like at&t and it is not an sd card slot. It is just for the 4g card

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The teardown thread on the front page shows the SIM card on the other side of the phone under the battery cover. Is that the GSM model?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
(rantstart>Since this is going a little off topic anyway, have we ever gotten an answer as to why exactly there isn't an SD card if there's a removable battery? Couldn't they have just squeezed it in behind the battery like the OG Droid?? I can think of an advantage/disadvantages to this:
Advantage - I believe that processing power aside, access times for apps will be better since the phone won't be scouring a slow Class 2 SD card
Disadvantage - You obviously cannot upgrade the SD card to either a higher capacity or higher class. Many will say 32GB is enough and I'm inclined to agree given I've only used half of my 16GB on my Droid but we can't speak for everyone. 64GB SD cards exist and these capacities will go up; we can't just ignore that fact simply because many of us don't take advantage of all that space. Fact of the matter is that manufacturers typically don't make products that there isn't a market for. Furthermore, companies won't sell those products if they don't think there's a demand for them so someone is buying higher capacity SD cards and I think with the Nexus being a potential flagship phone, it was rather ignorant of Samsung to handicap its end users when there was clearly space to add an SD card slot. <endrant>

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone noticed from the video, but watch it again. The data signal NOT coming in quickly after boot up. Maybe just a fluke from that one video...but...surely it will show up quicker than that in reality.

Also, I REFUSE to believe that the delayed release is a marketing ploy. why? if it was a plan to sell a lot for holidays...they would already be on the market. It just doesnt make sense from a business standpoint to delay sales this close to the holidays when the reality is....most people get their christmas shopping done BEFORE december 10-15th. Its just madness to wait any longer as you are stuck in parking lots...and lines are extremely long.

If it were a marketing ploy...certainly it would have been released longer than 4 weeks before the holidays. So...something else is going on...its NOT a christmas marketing ploy.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
If it were a marketing ploy...certainly it would have been released longer than 4 weeks before the holidays. So...something else is going on...its NOT a christmas marketing ploy.

I'd say it's more than likely the period of time between the finished product and the release product, where they listen for bugs. See they released what seems to be an almost flawless device in Europe and Canada...because they don't matter as much and they wanted to use them as the guinea pigs. (LOL JK!...unless...). This way they can get feedback from the masses and correct any inherent errors before releasing it to the States and the rest of the world. Think about it, even if there is a fix for the volume issue floating around out there, are you really going to release a product with a bug everyone knows about? That's just as foolish as a regular Dell customer getting their brand new computer shipped to them partially assembled with an instruction booklet.

jleeusa

Reaction score
(rantstart>Since this is going a little off topic anyway, have we ever gotten an answer as to why exactly there isn't an SD card if there's a removable battery? Couldn't they have just squeezed it in behind the battery like the OG Droid?? I can think of an advantage/disadvantages to this:
Advantage - I believe that processing power aside, access times for apps will be better since the phone won't be scouring a slow Class 2 SD card
Disadvantage - You obviously cannot upgrade the SD card to either a higher capacity or higher class. Many will say 32GB is enough and I'm inclined to agree given I've only used half of my 16GB on my Droid but we can't speak for everyone. 64GB SD cards exist and these capacities will go up; we can't just ignore that fact simply because many of us don't take advantage of all that space. Fact of the matter is that manufacturers typically don't make products that there isn't a market for. Furthermore, companies won't sell those products if they don't think there's a demand for them so someone is buying higher capacity SD cards and I think with the Nexus being a potential flagship phone, it was rather ignorant of Samsung to handicap its end users when there was clearly space to add an SD card slot. <endrant>

Probably to promote (force upon us) cloud based storage... Google Music just released. Just my guess.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
If that is now considered lag....I dont know what to say....lol. All I know is even tho I have a working Droid 1 and Droid X1 as back ups....they both might get replaced with more current phones. That says alot about these current phones.

Watch when he pulls the notification bar down. That is definitely lag.

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone noticed from the video, but watch it again. The data signal NOT coming in quickly after boot up. Maybe just a fluke from that one video...but...surely it will show up quicker than that in reality.

Also, I REFUSE to believe that the delayed release is a marketing ploy. why? if it was a plan to sell a lot for holidays...they would already be on the market. It just doesnt make sense from a business standpoint to delay sales this close to the holidays when the reality is....most people get their christmas shopping done BEFORE december 10-15th. Its just madness to wait any longer as you are stuck in parking lots...and lines are extremely long.

Its a marketing ploy to get people to buy the bloated phones like the razr and the rezound. their giving phones that they've been able to add stuff too more time and making the Nexus wait so we just give in and buy a verizon bloated razr

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
By Sim I assume you mean 4g lte card. It is not a Sim like at&t and it is not an sd card slot. It is just for the 4g card

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4G LTE sim card. Yes it is a sim card. LTE is a gsm based technology.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right, but there is no 3G signal either. I guess what I meant to say is, did anyone notice this phone did not have 3G or 4G? I wanted to know if 3G is embedded in the 4G sim card, or if 3G is built into the device.
3G is a CDMA technology and has nothing to do with the 4G LTE sim card in the GN. So to answer your question, it's built in.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
wel this phone wasnt released in november so yup verizon has some explaining to do

Sent from Colima,mex echando gasolina en un Pemex