[Video] Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE SpeedTest

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what kind of speeds I'll get in various parts of Dallas. Anyone here have an idea? I figure it'd be pretty good, especially in the business districts.

I live/work in Plano/Frisco, and while I've never done any official speedteset (will when I go out for lunch), it flies on 4G. Drove down to White Rock Lake the other night, lost 4G a few times, but maintained connection and worked great overall.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
And honestly, I don't think you'll ever tell the difference between 10mb/s and 25mb/s - latency is more important and more noticeable than download/upload speeds, at those speeds anyway. Most servers don't let you download or upload more than 2-3 mb/s anyway.

jacer

Reaction score
LTE just went live in Des Moines, IA November 17th. This is what I'm pulling on my Bionic.

URL]

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I live/work in Plano/Frisco, and while I've never done any official speedteset (will when I go out for lunch), it flies on 4G. Drove down to White Rock Lake the other night, lost 4G a few times, but maintained connection and worked great overall.

Well nevermind... drove from 121/tollway to Best Buy in Frisco and could barely keep a 4G connection - 3G was fine, but 4G wouldn't stick... lol

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Hmm...I stay a little south of Hebron right next to George Bush and work in Coppell but I'd like to have a reliable 4G connection anywhere around the DFW...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm...I stay a little south of Hebron right next to George Bush and work in Coppell but I'd like to have a reliable 4G connection anywhere around the DFW...

Normally it's much better - wondering if the network is having an issue around here today.