[Video] Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE SpeedTest

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;ySymqERaHEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ySymqERaHEA[/video]​

Thanks to our friends at Phandroid and their Verizon tipster we have a video to hold us over at least for the first half of the morning

These SpeedTests look impressive, what do you think ?

Source - Phandroid

motorider

Reaction score
My d1 gets over 5mb down and 1 up at my house with 2 bars. And its 3g. My wifes thunderbolt got 10. Hrm... I love this phone, but I hope it performs better. Hell my cousins bionic has ripped off a whopping 20+ here.

305rev305

Reaction score
My d1 gets over 5mb down and 1 up at my house with 2 bars. And its 3g. My wifes thunderbolt got 10. Hrm... I love this phone, but I hope it performs better. Hell my cousins bionic has ripped off a whopping 20+ here.

There's is no way a d1 can do 5down. Verizon's 3g caps to 2down. The TB can do 20down but periodically cause I have one but 8-12down is the norm

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Pretty average for an LTE device.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I did a Speedtest with my Razr at my house. NEARLY 25 MBPS!!! That's the highest so far. Upload was around 12MBPS,

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't care about the speed - it'll be fast... just want it to be reliable!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I honestly don't care about the speed - it'll be fast... just want it to be reliable!

Agreed. I'm happy with my 3G speeds. I mean, i have the internet everywhere i go. If you think about it, its pretty f'ing amazing. Reliability is my key factor too which is why i switched from AT&T to Verizon with I got my DX on launch day. When the time counts and I need that 3g signal for what may be an emergency, I want to make sure I have it plain and simple.

Masshole

Reaction score
My Rezound, soon to be my wife's, top download speed was 34.3MBS. It varries greatly depending on where I am. At home I get an average of about 12mbs and at my office about 30mbs on average.

Spiderwebb71688

Reaction score
My friend got the gNex from Canada on t-mobile and wanted me to check the speeds on my new RAZR. I ran about 25 tests from 3 different servers and at various locations and here are the results.

Ping L-H: 36-50ms Ave: 43
Download L-H: 14.89-19.24 Mbps Ave: 16.56
Upload L-H: 14.52-21.57 Mbps Ave: 16.70

I've been super impressed with this phone, I switched over from my OG Droid and was concerned about the size and no physical keyboard. After a few days of having it tho, my D1 felt bulky and too small and the new version of swipe is really impressive. The highlight feature makes it so I don't miss my physical keyboard a bit. I played with my buddy's gNex and it is also a very impressive phone but we both agreed that the only advantage of it over the RAZR was ICS. I'll take the Moto build quality over getting ICS a few months earlier any day :).

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Using the same server, my Bionic yesterday was 25.217mb/sec Download and 19.646mb/sec Upload. That was at my parents. At our house (in a valley) it was 15.705mb/sec Download and 4.118mb/sec Upload.

YMMV, but as others have said, it's just so so.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what kind of speeds I'll get in various parts of Dallas. Anyone here have an idea? I figure it'd be pretty good, especially in the business districts.

I played with my buddy's gNex and it is also a very impressive phone but we both agreed that the only advantage of it over the RAZR was ICS. I'll take the Moto build quality over getting ICS a few months earlier any day :).

Meh, almost not worth mentioning but there is the plus of it being a so-called "pure Google device." That and NFC, A BAROMETER (OMFGWOW!), no shutter lag (impressive), and to my enjoyment, no buttons on the face. I agree though, knock Moto all you want, but they make some pretty solid devices. If the Nexus had its features with Motorola's build quality, removable battery and SD card, and no buttons, physical or capacitive, it would be unstoppable!