Verizon Galaxy Nexus available for just $154.99 from LetsTalk

b-jammin21

Reaction score
They have the 9.99 charge for me, too, but I think it just designates for this line you will be paying 9.99 per month, which you already are if you are on a family share plan. They definitely ask for the phone number you are upgrading, and the 9.99 is not charged right away, as I think it would be if you were actually adding another line.
I'm going to go for it even with the 9.99 sitting there. I will have proof on the receipt that I was upgrading such and such line with such and such phone number.

Gotcha. Where do they ask for the phone number you are upgrading? And how do you figure out which "line" on your family plan you want to upgrade (i.e how do I know which line my phone is on the verizon family plan)?

Last edited:

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Gotcha. Where do they ask for the phone number you are upgrading? And how do you figure out which "line" on your family plan you want to upgrade?

One of the very last checkout pages, it asks which phone number I am upgrading. I am trying to get all of the details correct, so nothing screws up, and now VerizonWireless website is down.....this whole thing is laughable.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Well...as long as they allow returns and nothing gets permanently screwed up, I'm gonna go for it.

I'd rather take my chances and wait a day than pay an extra $150. Apparently that $150 doesn't come free, gotta work for it. Lol

b-jammin21

Reaction score
[TR]
Current Charges To Be Billed By: LetsTalk [/TR]
[TR]
Product DescriptionPriceDiscountQtySubtotal[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Galaxy Nexus by Samsung [/TD]
[TD]$729.99[/TD]
[TD]$480.00[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]$249.99[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]-Limited Time 4G Double Your Data Promotion![/TD]
[TD]FREE[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]FREE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Coupon: FaceBook VZW-Xmas[/TD]
[TD](-$75.00)[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD](-$75.00)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Shipping: Overnight[/TD]
[TD]$0.00[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]$0.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tax: MI[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]$0.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
Total to be charged $174.99 [/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"] * Tax is added to all orders shipped to CA & TX and is based on the full retail price or cost of the product. For most new activations, LetsTalk.com pays these taxes for you. .[/TD]
[/TR]
I am currently on the Verizon Wireless Nationwide Share Talk & Text 1400 $0.001$0.00
Verizon Wireless Talk / Talk & Text Added Line $9.991$9.99
- Pay Per Message Sent / Received$0.001$0.00
- 2 Year Upgrade$0.001$0.00
- Upgrades Only - Keep My Current Data Feature (View Details for Important Disclaimer)$0.001$0.00
- Shared Line Network Access for Family Talk & Text Plans$0.001$0.00
*This request for Contract Extension will be submitted to Verizon Wireless. Upon approval, the contract term for your newly selected plan will be ADDED to your existing contract term. This order will be processed immediately and you will NOT be contacted again unless Verizon Wireless denies the request.
In addition to the monthly fee for the services you selected, you may be subject to regulatory recovery fees, surcharges, universal connectivity charges, Federal, state and local taxes that may vary by usage and location.

This is the confirmation email I got from LetsTalk. Under current charges to be billed by LetsTalk, it says "Limited Time 4G Double Your Data Promotion!," but I NEVER SELECTED THAT OPTION. But under Service Charges to be Directly Billed by: Verizon Wireless, it says "Upgrades Only - Keep My Current Data Feature."

You guys don't think LetsTalk is trying to weasel me into the "Double Data Plan," do you? My Verizon selection should override this, right?

Either way, I'm going to go into my Verizon store later and check on this...

Service Charges To Be Billed Directly By: Verizon Wireless
Monthly Service ChargesMonthly FeeQtySubtotal
Total $9.99

bigfake23

Reaction score
Just ordered one, they still show in stock. Boy I hope that is true. I was worried about transferring the upgrade from my wife's to my line, but I just talked to Verizon and they said to order it on the line with the upgrade and when the phone comes to go into the Verizon store and they will activate on my line no problem. And yes, I got it for 175 and kept my data. I had to click on change features to select keep data, it doesn't ask you by default.

magnus

Reaction score
[TR]
Current Charges To Be Billed By: LetsTalk [/TR]
[TR]
Product DescriptionPriceDiscountQtySubtotal[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Galaxy Nexus by Samsung [/TD]
[TD]$729.99[/TD]
[TD]$480.00[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]$249.99[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]-Limited Time 4G Double Your Data Promotion![/TD]
[TD]FREE[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]FREE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Coupon: FaceBook VZW-Xmas[/TD]
[TD](-$75.00)[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD](-$75.00)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Shipping: Overnight[/TD]
[TD]$0.00[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]$0.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tax: MI[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]$0.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
Total to be charged $174.99 [/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"] * Tax is added to all orders shipped to CA & TX and is based on the full retail price or cost of the product. For most new activations, LetsTalk.com pays these taxes for you. .[/TD]
[/TR]
I am currently on the Verizon Wireless Nationwide Share Talk & Text 1400$0.001$0.00
Verizon Wireless Talk / Talk & Text Added Line$9.991$9.99
- Pay Per Message Sent / Received$0.001$0.00
- 2 Year Upgrade$0.001$0.00
- Upgrades Only - Keep My Current Data Feature (View Details for Important Disclaimer)$0.001$0.00
- Shared Line Network Access for Family Talk & Text Plans$0.001$0.00
*This request for Contract Extension will be submitted to Verizon Wireless. Upon approval, the contract term for your newly selected plan will be ADDED to your existing contract term. This order will be processed immediately and you will NOT be contacted again unless Verizon Wireless denies the request.
In addition to the monthly fee for the services you selected, you may be subject to regulatory recovery fees, surcharges, universal connectivity charges, Federal, state and local taxes that may vary by usage and location.

This is the confirmation email I got from LetsTalk. Under current charges to be billed by LetsTalk, it says "Limited Time 4G Double Your Data Promotion!," but I NEVER SELECTED THAT OPTION. But under Service Charges to be Directly Billed by: Verizon Wireless, it says "Upgrades Only - Keep My Current Data Feature."

You guys don't think LetsTalk is trying to weasel me into the "Double Data Plan," do you? My Verizon selection should override this, right?

Either way, I'm going to go into my Verizon store later and check on this...

Unfortunately, the 2GB is the default option....you have to manually pick "Keep my existing plan".

One of the fine print in the Let's talk contract....under the $480 discount that they give you is that for the next 6 months......you have to make any and all changes you want to your Let's talk added lines ONLY through Let's talk AND NOT THROUGH VERIZON WIRELESS DIRECTLY!!!!! otherwise you can expect a chargeback.

I've never used them before....but it's in there. So they could technically hit you with a fine if you sign up with the 2GB (as that was the default option) and then if you chnage at Verizon

My advice would be to deal with let's talk CS and have them change it for you. Your order can't have shipped yet.

MY problem is I only get a 460 discount to show up not 480. :-(...but I haven't pulled the plug yet

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Just ordered mine from letstalk, had to use the early upgrade on my line because it appears someone else used my upgrade, not sure how it works, but Verizon told me I would get billed $20 for the early upgrade and I'm thinking that $194.99 vs. $299.99 is going to be well worth it, it also let me keep my unlimited data, here is the important disclaimer:

Data Packages (You must select an option below) - Plan Options
Upgrades Only - Keep My Current Data Feature (View Details for Important Disclaimer)
If you are an existing Verizon Wireless smartphone customer please select this feature to retain your current data feature.

If you do not currently have a Verizon Wireless data feature, your current data feature is no longer supported by Verizon Wireless, or your current data feature is not compatible with the new phone you have selected, we will automatically provision the 2GB Data Package for $30.00/month on your line of service.

The price of your current data feature will not display in the cart during checkout, but will continue to be billed by Verizon Wireless on your monthly service bill.

Price: FREE

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the 2GB is the default option....you have to manually pick "Keep my existing plan".

One of the fine print in the Let's talk contract....under the $480 discount that they give you is that for the next 6 months......you have to make any and all changes you want to your Let's talk added lines ONLY through Let's talk AND NOT THROUGH VERIZON WIRELESS DIRECTLY!!!!! otherwise you can expect a chargeback.

I've never used them before....but it's in there. So they could technically hit you with a fine if you sign up with the 2GB (as that was the default option) and then if you chnage at Verizon

My advice would be to deal with let's talk CS and have them change it for you. Your order can't have shipped yet.

MY problem is I only get a 460 discount to show up not 480. :-(...but I haven't pulled the plug yet

Well to be clear, I did manually click keep my current data plan. I know that for sure. 100%. I checked it again several times to make sure. I may try to call customer service after work and verify this for certain from them. If they get sneaky with me, I will be marking "return to sender" the second the box arrives at my house.

Hoping everything works out well tho. It's a great deal!

bigeric828

Reaction score
Just ordered, i'm a new verizon customer so i got the 4gb. 154.99 for this phone is legit half what i thought i was going to pay. i'm stoked.

free overnight delivery is nice too!

Last edited:

shanelive13

Reaction score
I've tried calling 3x, but the telephone number 866-825-5460 says it has been disconnected or is no longer in service!

xxpigxx

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on two phones.

Hope they don't screw me over. o_O

chewy74

Reaction score
is this suppose to ask for the phone number you are upgrading? because it never asked which line i was upgrading...

i just chose the plan the closel

Current Charges To Be Billed By: LetsTalk
Product Description Price Discount Qty Subtotal
Galaxy Nexus by Samsung $729.99 $480.00 1 $249.99
Limited Time 4G Double Your Data Promotion! FREE
Coupon: FaceBook VZW-Xmas (-$75.00) (-$75.00)
Shipping: Overnight $0.00 $0.00
Tax: MA $0.00
Total to be charged: $174.99

* Tax is added to all orders shipped to CA & TX and is based on the full retail price or cost of the product. For most new activations, LetsTalk.com pays these taxes for you. .

Service Charges To Be Billed Directly By : Verizon Wireless
Monthly Service Charges Monthly Fee Qty Subtotal
Verizon Wireless Nationwide Share Talk 1400 $79.99 1 $79.99
- Pay Per Message Sent / Received $0.00 1 $0.00
- 2 Year Upgrade $0.00 1 $0.00
- Upgrades Only - Keep My Current Data Feature (View Details for Important Disclaimer) $0.00 1 $0.00
- Shared Line Network Access for Family Talk Plans $0.00 1 $0.00
Total: $79.99

this better not mess up my texting service which is currently unlimited, but did not see the option for it to select

bigfake23

Reaction score
is this suppose to ask for the phone number you are upgrading? because it never asked which line i was upgrading...

i just chose the plan the closel

Current Charges To Be Billed By: LetsTalk
Product Description Price Discount Qty Subtotal
Galaxy Nexus by Samsung $729.99 $480.00 1 $249.99
Limited Time 4G Double Your Data Promotion! FREE
Coupon: FaceBook VZW-Xmas (-$75.00) (-$75.00)
Shipping: Overnight $0.00 $0.00
Tax: MA $0.00
Total to be charged: $174.99

* Tax is added to all orders shipped to CA & TX and is based on the full retail price or cost of the product. For most new activations, LetsTalk.com pays these taxes for you. .

Service Charges To Be Billed Directly By : Verizon Wireless
Monthly Service Charges Monthly Fee Qty Subtotal
Verizon Wireless Nationwide Share Talk 1400 $79.99 1 $79.99
- Pay Per Message Sent / Received $0.00 1 $0.00
- 2 Year Upgrade $0.00 1 $0.00
- Upgrades Only - Keep My Current Data Feature (View Details for Important Disclaimer) $0.00 1 $0.00
- Shared Line Network Access for Family Talk Plans $0.00 1 $0.00
Total: $79.99

this better not mess up my texting service which is currently unlimited, but did not see the option for it to select

You did select the Family Talk plan not the Family Talk and Text Plan, so you will lose unlimited texts. Its easy an easy fix though, after you get the phone just go online and switch your plan back. It should all work out.

Lord PSIon

Reaction score
Brilliant deal, $175! Couldn't pass that up and have absolutely no problem waiting another day to get the Nexus. IIRC, VZW only has free 2 day shipping, so letstalk's free overnight shipping is another bonus to the deal.

n0m0n

Reaction score
Did a little checking around and if you go with Let Talk they will then become the owners of your account, still using the Verizon network but not a Verizon core account.
It's kinda like going with Simple Mobile you establish an account with them while they still let you use the host network.

I rather pay the additional funds and deal with Verizon instead of a third party.

Just my opinion but Lets Talk can have whatever rules, stipulations within the small print and Verizon cant do anything.
If Lets Talk wants to stop offering a plan or wants to change something they can.

Just a FYI for those interested