Verizon Droid 30 day return policy question

newandroiduser

Reaction score
So Im not sure if this is the best place to post but hopefully someone can help me out. I bought a Moto Droid from Costco about 2 weeks ago, and they were able to advance my upgrade. The upgrade was only advanced like 2 weeks. I never knew about the New Every 2 discount till reading these forums, and Costco isnt able to use it. I want to know if I return my phone, will I still be able to qualify for New Every 2 discount if I was to buy from Verizonwireless directly, or did I forfeit my NE2 discount by qualifying for the early upgrade? Im itching to get the newest Incredible, but dont want to spend more than the $100 I had spent on the Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Im not sure if this is the best place to post but hopefully someone can help me out. I bought a Moto Droid from Costco about 2 weeks ago, and they were able to advance my upgrade. The upgrade was only advanced like 2 weeks. I never knew about the New Every 2 discount till reading these forums, and Costco isnt able to use it. I want to know if I return my phone, will I still be able to qualify for New Every 2 discount if I was to buy from Verizonwireless directly, or did I forfeit my NE2 discount by qualifying for the early upgrade? Im itching to get the newest Incredible, but dont want to spend more than the $100 I had spent on the Droid.

It sounds to me like Costco just pushed your renew every two date forward and now you have a new contract. Go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless and check your account. It will have all the information you're asking about in there.

OP
N

newandroiduser

Reaction score
Thanks I will look at the verizon website.

I signed a new 2 year contract, but since I was in the 30 day period I think I could easily return the phone and it should be as if I never did anything to my account. Just dont want to return the phone and data plan to find out that I still voided my NE2 by the 30 day testdrive. I love the Droid, and only would upgrade to Incredible if it doesnt cost me any extra money.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

or you can just call the support center at vzw and ask them

and make your case you REALLY want the incredible :)

bje1982

Reaction score

bit of advice.. dont ever buy ffrom cosco walmart or best buy.. sure you get good prices but you deal with clueless employees who could easily screw you on accident.. As far as your new every 2 goes you dont get that untill your 20 months into your contract so they were giving you an early upgrade which doesnt come with the ne2 credit.. if you return the phone and have them set the contract back once your 20 months is up from the previous contract you will be eligible for your ne2.. I am a manager for Verizon by the way.

FootballRef

Reaction score
I called Verizon because I was considering the Incrdible

-I am inside my 30 days (Apr 30th will be my 30)
-I was told to return the phone to the same place I got it (VZW website for me)
-I would be charged a $35 restock fee
-My new every 2 would be recredited once they got my Droid
-I could then purchase something else at the discounted rate

I decided to keep my Droid and not do this. Just throwing out what VZW told me

Hope this helps you some

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Even with the NE2 the Incredible will be more than a $100

FootballRef

Reaction score
VZW is advertising $199

Which is more than $100 last time I checked and From what the OP posted he does not want to spend more than the $100 he spent on the Droid.

Or did I miss something?
Thank you Capt. Obvious that $199 is more than $100...just letting the board know what VZW had it for.

As you said, according to the OP he doesn't want to spend over $100. That is what he spent on his Droid.

Sorry - one smart butt deserves another

OP
N

newandroiduser

Reaction score
VZW is advertising $199

Which is more than $100 last time I checked and From what the OP posted he does not want to spend more than the $100 he spent on the Droid.

Or did I miss something?

Well I spent $100 + tax on my droid from Costco. Im planning on returning it so I can use my NE2 credit and get an Incredible from verizonwireless website. So price I will be spending if all goes well is $199 - $100 NE2 = $99 + any taxes. Costco also doesnt charge a restock fee, so I dont have to worry about the $35 fee.

texasPI

Reaction score
The $35 isnt a restocking fee. You only incur the $35 charge if you return one device for another. If you wait at least three days between the return of one device and the purchase of another device, you don't get charged the $35. I know you got it from Costco so this doesn't apply.

Also, are you sure your NE2 is $100? I know they now only give $50 NE2 credit. Btw, buy it wherever you like....VZW screws you to by accident sometimes too.

Reaction score
bit of advice.. dont ever buy ffrom cosco walmart or best buy.. sure you get good prices but you deal with clueless employees who could easily screw you on accident.. As far as your new every 2 goes you dont get that untill your 20 months into your contract so they were giving you an early upgrade which doesnt come with the ne2 credit.. if you return the phone and have them set the contract back once your 20 months is up from the previous contract you will be eligible for your ne2.. I am a manager for Verizon by the way.
Hey now, I can't speak for Costco or Best Buy, but I take offense to the Wal-mart statement. I worked in the cell phone dept. for 2 years there and honestly I had more trouble out of Verizon stores screwing things up. They don't always throw some da out there to sell phones.
To the OP I can say this, when I worked with phones I asked about a similar situation to what you are in. I asked if a customer can completely cancel their upgrade and go back to the original phone and contract. In most cases, yes you can. I would go to Costco, reverse the upgrade, then go to Verizon corporate and use your NE2. The only disadvantage to Wal-Mart and the like, is we can't honor the discount due to the major discounts given through Wal-Mart.
P.S. I'm not trying to be bitter, I just hate it when people blame employees at places were they don't understand about things that go on behind the scenes.

Last edited:
OP
N

newandroiduser

Reaction score
No. $199 already includes your NE2 credit.

Online price is $299 - $100 instant rebate = $199. Thats the price for a new 2 year contract not including NE2. I should have $100 for my NE2 since my monthly bill is well over the $79.99 price, and my plan started in July 2008.