Verizon's new policy.

omelet

Reaction score
So since they wiped the new every 2, I have a quick question.
I was planning on upgrading to the fascinate tomorrow, and didn't know if I should sign a 1 year contract or a 2 year contract. Before I use to always sign 2 year contracts, but I got discounted upgrades after 10 months. (not full retail, but the normal price for a phone.) I am wondering if the wiped this part of the deal, because I like buying myself a new phone every christmas, and want to keep that going.

Also, if you return an item, can the sales reps see that?

bigtankusa1

Reaction score
From what i was told at the store all you can do now is a 2 year contract 1 year contract was done away with on jan 16th you can call and verify...thats what they told me

vtecduck

Reaction score
All I ask is to please not shoot the messenger on this please lol. This is true. I work in tech support for VZW. If you started service before Jan 16th of this year, you will get one more New Every 2 credit to use, once it is available, you have 6 months to use it or you will lose it. Also if you started service before Jan 16th, you will have one more time to use an early/annual upgrade, after that, you will not have the ability for annual/early upgrades again. If you started service after Jan 16th of this year, then you are not eligible for either one.

FF5 Fan

Reaction score
after that, you will not have the ability for annual/early upgrades again. If you started service after Jan 16th of this year, then you are not eligible for either one.

So if you renew your two year contract, you won't get any discount at all?

Sent from my HTC Incredible

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
after that, you will not have the ability for annual/early upgrades again. If you started service after Jan 16th of this year, then you are not eligible for either one.

So if you renew your two year contract, you won't get any discount at all?

Sent from my HTC Incredible

Youll get a promotional pricing when VZ wants, you will ge a discount if contract is renewed.

OP
O

omelet

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, if I want to get a new phone in 1 year, I should get a 1 year contract?

Also, any word on if they can see your returns? I had the fascinate and then returned it in hopes that the thunderbolt would be better than it was.

want a droid

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they got rid of the 1 year contract, but if they didn't then that is definitely what you're looking for.

From what I understand:
1 year contract: upgrade at promotional price at 10 months
2 year contract: upgrade at promotional price at 20 months

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, if I want to get a new phone in 1 year, I should get a 1 year contract?

Also, any word on if they can see your returns? I had the fascinate and then returned it in hopes that the thunderbolt would be better than it was.

I am sure they see past transactions. Maybe? As for the contract question, well they are getting rid of new every 2 and such but they will off promotional pricing to specific phones hey are trying to push out. Im not sure if it will be exactly 1 year when hey will offer a promotion but if in dout id go 1yr contract. thats a for sure way to upgrade yearly. And as for the extra money spent on phone, It will be worth it in the end.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Correct. One year contracts are still available but Annual Upgrades and NE2s are not.
Yes, the original sales rep of your Fascinate knows because he/she gets hit with a return towards their monthly quota...if returned within 6 months of purchase. We can get written up and even terminated over that.

I'm not sure if they got rid of the 1 year contract, but if they didn't then that is definitely what you're looking for.

From what I understand:
1 year contract: upgrade at promotional price at 10 months
2 year contract: upgrade at promotional price at 20 months

DroidForums Junkie!!

jbdow

Reaction score
written up and/or terminated? What a silly idea.
Or maybe i'm missing the explanation of how the
employee is responsible for this?

GDP

Reaction score
Go to a retailer like Best Buy to get it. They can not tell if you've previously returned a Fascinate. They only care about making the sale anyways

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its looked at as us not "qualifying the customer". Accounts that get disconnected because of not being paid are looked at this way too. Must have missed how someone not paying their bill is MY fault but, it is what it is.

written up and/or terminated? What a silly idea.
Or maybe i'm missing the explanation of how the
employee is responsible for this?

DroidForums Junkie!!