Verizon android 2.2

louvit

Reaction score
I broke the screen way on top by having it fly to the back in my drag car. I do have insurance, and they say they will replace it. I know that will still cost, anyway I need to save my contacts and stuff, hooked up tp lsaptop and it asks me for cd which I dont have. Also want to see if they will let me upgrade to the bigger one

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum.

If you allowed Google to back up your contacts they'll automagically reappear when you sign into your new Droid.

What other stuff are you trying to save? Is this a Droid 1?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your contacts should be backed up to the cloud via your Google account. Everything else you could backup with your PC is stored on the SD card.

What exactly do you want to backup?

As for the upgrade, you'll have to ask, but my bet is Asurion will only send you the same phone you broke.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On an insurance claim you will most likely get a refurb Droid. If you are lucky you will get a Droid 2. It depends on what the insurance company has available.

OP
louvit

louvit

Reaction score
when i go to privacy settings back up is checked along with auto restore,,really just contacts is what I cant lose

OP
louvit

louvit

Reaction score
thanks all, hope I'm good when I get the new one...lol

OP
louvit

louvit

Reaction score
ok I decided the tiny crack is not worth the 90. deductable so I'll keep this for a while....Now whats all these xtra's you can download, suggest a few good ones to me. I know nothing about this **** but gaining lot's of interest in making it better...thanks in advance

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Depends entirely on what you'd like to do. If you want to back up your SMS messages just go to the market and type in sms backup and see what pops up. :) The sky's basically the limit in the Droid world. If you're rooted you can install a program called Titanium Backup that'll let you back up your apps and restore them without having to wait for the market to finsh AND it'll restore all your settings and data for the individual apps.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
louvit

louvit

Reaction score
new phone should be here today anytime, i did the insurance thing. The phone was freaking out, calling people, sending txts, switching apps all by itself...lol..Hope I am all set with my contacts and all. now another question, can you make fonts bigger or bold. I have trouble reading the txts and mail. (one real bad eye)