Volume rocker gone - any replacement buttons?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Shaneathan, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Shaneathan

Shaneathan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on a trip this weekend. While in a bathroom, I dropped my phone on the tile floor. I flipped it over, rejoiced that there was no crack in the screen, and went on my way. I got home early this morning and realized the volume rocker was gone. I called Verizon to see if they might have a replacement button. Turns out that the insurance that I asked for upon buying my Droid was never even applied to the account.

The manager said that he would replace the Droid if I paid the amount it would've cost to cover the insurance as well as the deductible, making the total cost around $160. Just for a volume button.

I can use tools to use the volume button still (ie, a pen), but is there a way to just get a replacement button? Or perhaps something that wedges in there well that will enable me to use the buttons?

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    There are far beyond repairable Droids sold on Ebay for parts, maybe you would have some luck there

Search tags for this page
android replacement for volume buttons
droid 4 replacement volume rocker buttons
droid 4 volume replacement

droid bionic volume button replacement

droid bonic volume button
droid dna volume replacement
how to replace the volume button in my droid bionic
htc droid eris volume rocker
replace where is the volume button on droid razr
replacing volume button for droid bionic