Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

dwightVZW.jpg

Verizon is really cracking the whip on its 4G LTE coverage expansion. The carrier had just announced the deployment of 19 new markets and 2 new cities a week ago, and now it’s revealing 13 new markets to get the boost on July 21. Verizon looks to be right on track for hitting its target of 175 markets by the end of this year.

The new locations to be added to the 4G LTE coverage map will include

• Springfield, Massachusetts
  • Huntsville, Alabama
  • Augusta, Georgia
  • Charleston, West Virginia
  • Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wichita, Kansas
  • Toledo, Ohio
  • Carbondale and Marion, Illinois
  • Chattanooga, Tennessee
  • Charleston, South Carolina
  • Knoxville, Tennessee
  • Greensboro-Winston Salem-High Point, North Carolina
  • Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
  • Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
This new expansion covers a lot of the mid-west and southern regions and should up Verizon’s 4G LTE coverage to about 87 markets. Well, we’ve sort of lost count by now. Whatever the number, Verizon is certainly delivering on its promise. More and more folks across the country will soon be able to enjoy the 12Mbps of real-world downlink speeds and the 5Mbps of uplink speeds.

Verizon

trumpet444

Reaction score
Still nothing for the ENTIRE state of Virginia. This is pissing me off. Every time I ask someone with Verizon I always get a canned message, "we intend to cover all current 3g markets by the end of 2013 blah blah blah. If Va isnt getting lte for another year or two why would I buy a lte phone? Or stick with verizon at all? I believe 4g is already available in Richmond from Sprint

Beardface

Reaction score
Still nothing for the ENTIRE state of Virginia. This is pissing me off. Every time I ask someone with Verizon I always get a canned message, "we intend to cover all current 3g markets by the end of 2013 blah blah blah. If Va isnt getting lte for another year or two why would I buy a lte phone? Or stick with verizon at all? I believe 4g is already available in Richmond from Sprint
Thats not entirely true...

DC covers most of NoVa...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Beautiful. My upgrade can't get here soon enough. I may even have to spring retail for the Bionic when it comes out.

Elite49

Reaction score
Wow one right next to me (Springfield) yet I still won't care until it covers most of the map. Hell I drop 3G when I'm in my house sometimes.

joshoid

Reaction score
We have already had a few 4G connections in Toledo, We had a good idea they were preparing to roll out! Woo Hoo!