Verizon's 4G LTE Plan

cincycats51

Reaction score
I do enjoy how there is no NY cities on that list...Granted Im in upstate NY by Syracuse, you would think at least Buffalo or Albany would be getting it.

azules9780

Reaction score
You know there may be other things at work here that we do not know about. I'm just guessing and going out on a limb here by saying this but it may have to do with saturation levels per area. Like where I live, although it's only about 200k, Verizon is pretty much the only game in town; meaning that although we do have AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile plus all the other little ones as well with good coverage here, I don't know anyone on any other service provider. I don't know anyone in the whole FD with another service provider so it could be that they are trying to make sure that take care of us for that reason. Also, Nashville was on the first list of original 4g roll out cities and my town is only 30-40 miles away.

Just my .02 that could be completely wrong.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I think they should be strengthening and expanding 3G at the same time. My parents place has spotty 3G, they most probably won't be getting 4G anytime soon, even tho the map is red over their place.

Just outside of DC tho. Hopefully will get the Bionic in time to use 4G!

yahwarrior

Reaction score
America kind of looks like a old map of Soviet Russia in all Red. Is Verizon giving us a subliminal message?

triplecrown

Reaction score
I love Verizon. Service, coverage etc.. all top notch.. at least here.

I would switch thoguh because of the price. IF... I could find something as an acceptable replacement (which I can't). I pay $165/mo for a 1400 minute family share plan with 2 droids runnig unlimited data and the $10 add on for 500 texts plus unlimited mobile to mobile texting.

What makes me mad is that we dont EVER use more than 400 minutes a month combined and we dont ever text to anywhere but cell phones but i can't get a plan with less minutes (so says VZW) and if I drop to the 250 text plan, it doesnt include mobile to mobile. Also, I should note, that $165 is AFTER a 23% discount I get.

I would check back with Verizon on that one. I am also on a family share plan and had 1400 minutes between the two of us. We never went over 300 minutes so I went in to change it. We now have 700 minutes between the two of us.