Verizon's 4G LTE Plan

HuffPCair

Reaction score
SPRINT is the absolute worst, I have a BB for work through Sprint and I hate it. Half the time you don't get coverage. We also had a problem with random text messages going out...it was so bad the company had all text messaging removed from all the business phones. Verizon has been the best service I have had and I plan to keep it.

Kansas City is a good coverage for Sprint. I have Verizon, but work for a company that is under Sprint and they have great coverage here, but Sprint also has a campus and stadium here so I would hope their service would be good.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Carbondale/Marion?

Wow.....makes a lot of sense though, because it's rare for ANYONE to not have Verizon in that area! Plus, SIU is a huge college....

Here's my concern: The list doesn't mention Mississippi. Particularly the coast. I see Hammond (outside New Orleans) is on the list, and Mobile, AL is on the list...but not Hattiesburg/gulf coast.

YET, the coast is covered in red on that map.

So now I'm wondering....is it really going to be covered or not?

peterjariel

Reaction score
How far out does the towers cover, I mean it lists Orlando but Orlando is huge. Are they going to have more than one tower or is it just a part of Orlando

smokiedabong

Reaction score
That map should have way more white holes in it . I can name at least 3 very populated areas where for at least 2 miles there is no signal at all and on that map is full red . I don't trust that map .

Droid101

Reaction score
Unless I am wrong that is a projected map. Not current.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

No that map is a Current map of the 3G network. The cities listed on that map with the dark black circle with alittle yellow are the initial cities for the 4G launch last year. So to say again so everyone isn't confused anymore that map doesn't depict the 4G network in any way.

Also take note that the list below is only for the First half of 2011. So if your city isn't listed it could just be planned for a Second half of 2011 launch.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion people were having:)

azules9780

Reaction score
Well either way, Clarksville TN is on that list which makes me super excited!

MNull

Reaction score
I don't know where the list of cities came from...I don't see that many black dots on the map.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know if you go to Verizon wireless website, you can zoom in on the map to see exactly where your area stands for coverage.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
I don't know where the list of cities came from...I don't see that many black dots on the map.
the dots are cities that already have 4g. the list of cities for the first half of 2011 are not represented by dots on the map. I would assume that vz would add the dots after the list was live.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

modified

Reaction score
My area is enveloped by 4G and 3G 2miles in every direction. Despite this my 3G connection drops to Edge (1x) pretty often. This map is nothing but a marketing technique. Expect 4G to be even less developed.

badazz74

Reaction score
I see colorado springs is on the list, I'm 30 minutes south of there I wonder if will be getting so or if we will get it when springs gets it. I can hope.