Verizon Shares New LTE Rollouts for This Week

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-lte-map.jpg

Verizon has just shared their newest areas that will be getting LTE rollouts this week, and we knew you guys would want us to share it with you. ;)

Here's the breakdown:
Raleigh-Durham, N.C.: Apex, Carrboro, Cary, Chapel Hill, Clayton, Durham, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Gorman, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Morrisville, Raleigh, Rolesville, Smithfield, Wake Forest, and Wendell.

Charleston, S.C.: Charleston, Folly Beach, Goose Creek, Hanahan, Hickory Hill Plantation, Isle of Palms, Kiawah Island, Ladson, Lincolnville, Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, Riverland Terrace, Seabrook Island, Sullivan's Island, Summerville, and Wildwood.

Knoxville, Tenn.: Athens, Etowah, Greenway, Jefferson City, Knoxville, Lenoir City, Louden, Marbledale, Maryville, Morristown, Niota, Oak Ridge, Oakland, Pigeon Forge, Pleasant View, Powell, Rockford, Sevierville, Sweetwater, Talbot, and White Pine.

Augusta, Ga.: Augusta, North Augusta and Aiken. Coverage includes the I-20 corridor, Aiken Mall, Augusta Mall, Augusta National Golf Club, Fort Gordon, Augusta Regional Airport, Medical College of Georgia and the E-Z-Go manufacturing plant.

Also on the list for 4G this week (as previously announced by Verizon) are Huntsville, Ala.; Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Penn.; Springfield, Mass.; Greensboro-Winston Salem-High Point, N.C.

Source: Verizon

stonecaster

Reaction score
Noticed the High Point NC area was 4G around 9:50 this morning. Loving it so far!

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
I hope it comes to Asheville/Hendersonville NC before the bionic releases :icon_eek:

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
Noticed the High Point NC area was 4G around 9:50 this morning. Loving it so far!

same for Greensboro, NC my sister notice it on her phone.
But I got to say as of lately I drop calls even with full bars while they messing with the system and after :-( .............

N4UPD

Reaction score
I'm still confused about Birmingham Al. It is on the coming soon on verizon's 4g website like it will be here in 2011 but not on the official list.Wil be watching for the next list of cities to be released after the 21st.

andreiantal

Reaction score
Got 4g in Raleigh-Durham. In Charlotte I got 24mbs. In here I get between 2 and 11 and it's not everywhere. I don't get 4G in RTP area yet.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

angelbowler

Reaction score
I was hoping to have 4G LTE before I get the Droid Bionic but see it is not to be. However, I truly hope it doesn't take much longer. Currently have to travel at least 25 miles to get it. Please hurry and get out the Droid Bionic, 7 months is way too long to have to wait for a phone. And please hurry and get 4G LTE in Richmond County, NC as it's already in Moore County, NC.

Go all powerful, unstoppable Droid Bionic on the ferocious 4G LTE!!! dancedroid

andreiantal

Reaction score
Battery life on 4G

I got up this morning at 5.30, I took the phone out of the charger - 100% charge. Usual routine - a little bit of browsing (5 minutes max just reading the news) and starting skype which runs in the background. I got only one minute phone call this morning at that was it. Kids to school and after that I went to work. The battery was showing 30%. Maybe it would have lasted another hour but I doubt it. Time without charger 3hrs. WOW and I got the Samsung Charge the one which has a "GOOD" battery not the TB which has a "BAD" battery. I welcome 4G but I think in one year maybe two will see a phone that will work on 4G as good as a 3G phone today like DX. Droid Bionic I am not going to jump and buy it. I am thinking in buying a Duracel portable charger or something like that. I went today to the gym and I had to keep my phone plugged in while working out.