Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

dudemansir

Reaction score
hmm this is interesting. i just briefly read about this. i am on Apex at the moment and pretty satisfied with how snappy my phone is. What benefits do i have if using this memory manager?

ksalce

Reaction score
I know every device is different but what are the best settings to use with this script? If someone could share what settings they use with this script that have worked very well for them it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try the Mega memory settings, I think they are 8 and 9 on the list - they are designed for 512MB devices like ours. I'm running 9.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know every device is different but what are the best settings to use with this script? If someone could share what settings they use with this script that have worked very well for them it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Better memory configuration, which should lead to improved performance. The supercharger works on any ROM, so it doesn't care if you're on CM or Apex, or whatever.

ksalce

Reaction score
Thank you redflea. I tried out setting 9 on the supercharger and I can definitely tell the difference in speed. I appreciate you helping me out.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you redflea. I tried out setting 9 on the supercharger and I can definitely tell the difference in speed. I appreciate you helping me out.

Glad it worked out. I've confirmed my settings are sticking across reboots, if you notice anything funky you can run the script at any time and it will display your current settings.

ksalce

Reaction score

Glad it worked out. I've confirmed my settings are sticking across reboots, if you notice anything funky you can run the script at any time and it will display your current settings.

How were you able to get the settings to stick after a reboot? Everytime I reboot, the settings go back to default. It says specifically to not run the script on boot also so I have no idea what to do to make these settings permanent.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't do anything...not sure why yours aren't sticking. So when you run the script the settings that display below the menu don't match what you set before the reboot?

in that case, there are instructions on how to make the settings stick....

Look in /Data for a script called 99supercharger.sh...you'll need to run that on boot. Look at the thread I pointed you at for the steps, I believe it's as simple as opening that script in Script Manager and selecting run as root and run on boot.

After doing that, confirm your settings and reboot.

ksalce

Reaction score
Just tried that and it worked perfectly. Thanks for all your help. You sir are the man haha :)

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem, just sharing what others have done/shared w/me.

Your "you sir are the man" line gives me an opportunity to remember a favorite line from The Hitcher's Guide to the Galaxy...

"Are you the Zaphod Beeblebrox?!"

"No, I'm a Zaphod Beeblebrox. Haven't you heard, I come in six-packs." :)

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
ya my settings arent sticking either on reboot.. wonder why

Just use the 99supercharger method...takes a few seconds to set up.

But yes, it is odd that mine are holding and others aren't. I must have good karma. :)

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
ya my settings arent sticking either on reboot.. wonder why

Just use the 99supercharger method...takes a few seconds to set up.

But yes, it is odd that mine are holding and others aren't. I must have good karma. :)
i dont see the 99supercharger method anywhere.. link?

nm found it
Note: For some reason, the minfree levels do not stick on some Custom ROMs. I don't know why this is. Maybe a bug in GingerBread?
........ If this happens to you, use Script Manager to load /system/etc/init.d/99SuperCharger "on boot" and "run as root"

Last edited: