V6 (or V8? Supercharger script help?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by TheSwaggeR, Aug 24, 2011.

1. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

I'm currently, and still, running on the MIUI ROM v1.8.12 and see a lot of hype about the V6 or V8 Supercharger script. I went ahead and downloaded the Script from the market and downloaded the Update version 8 (V8) Supercharger from zep's Supercharger thread. This is the first time I'm messing with this. I've used Imoseyon's tweaks before but it never stuck so I stopped using it. However, I followed zep's instruction to use his Supercharger script, which includes disabling Superuser permission, and other stuff.

I decided to go with Multi-tasking option and it started running it through but I noticed that it kept saying permission denied when zep's Supercharger script was trying to run the script and regroup everything. I rebooted and tried again but still see permission denied.

Has anyone successfully got this going? Would you mind sharing what I've got to do to allow the script to have permission to write those folders and do what it needs to do?
  2. pressguy27

pressguy27 New Member

I'm running and its works great. I did notice that you can't run imoseyon tweaks with it or the minfree values will not stick. I wouldn't denied su permission cause it need to run script as root.

Edit: I also run the script using script manager.

Sent from my DROID2 using CM7
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  3. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Ok, that doesn't help me. I already know that.
  4. pressguy27

pressguy27 New Member

In script manager you need to go the config settings and select browse as root, then run as root for the script and it should work. Also make sure you busy box verison is 1.8.2 or lower

Edit sorry for not answering the question right, got side track when reading post
  5. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Hmmm, then I don't know why zep would say to do this as his instruction...

1. Download the attached V6_SuperCharger_for_Android.zip and extract the script to your sdcard.
    ... Do NOT run the V6 SuperCharger install script at boot!
    2. Load the script (V6_SuperCharger_for_Android.sh) into Script Manager and select "Run as Root."
    3. Touch the screen for the soft keyboard or slide out the keyboard and get SuperCharged! Just pick an option!
    4. READ the script's output!
    5. Afterwards, READ the html HELP FILE in the root of your SD Card!
    6. Disable "Lock Home in Memory" if your ROM has this option.
    7. Optional: For a quick status check, you can put a Script Manager widget for V6 SuperCharger on you desktop

Notice how he states "select Run as boot" I'm confused here.
  6. pressguy27

pressguy27 New Member

I'm not sure, I know that I select "run as root" and it works. I know that zepp states not to "run at boot" maybe that what is goofing you up?

7. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Ahhh yes. I kept going to Run as Boot.

What would be a good option though? I tried Multi-tasking and didn't see a difference once I rebooted.
  8. pressguy27

pressguy27 New Member

I have tried the multi-tasking and it seem to work fine, but I have been using the first aggressive setting and it seem to make my phone a little snappier and smoother.

9. ldopa

ldopa New Member

This video helped me get it going. Been using it for a while now.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)
  10. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Thanks guys. I tried Multi-tasking and didn't notice any changes. Tried Balanced 3 and still don't see any changes in performance. Everything was done correctly after my mistake. I'm not using anything else like Imoseyon's tweaks, Jrummy's Overclocking (or any overclocking for that matter), and anything else that may hamper the need for it to change and take effect. It says it's running but just don't even really notice anything different.
  11. ldopa

ldopa New Member

I've been on option 9 (min free #2). I told myself id give it a week to see if there was a difference in either battery life or performance.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)
  12. papp_e

papp_e New Member

hey guysssss, wanna post link to V6 thread that you are all woo-hooing about? Im gonna give it a shot. I did it on liberty GB before and didnt really notice a change at all either, but Im now curious to try it on MIUI
  13. thebird36

thebird36 New Member

i did it to chevy ss and it's snappier lol now my next thought is... do we do the same thing for the 98kickasskernal and 3g turbocharger?
  14. jmlwanga88

jmlwanga88 New Member

Have any of you had success with the 3G Turbocharger script? Every time I try any of his links to it, it disables my wifi (gives me an error).
  15. thebird36

thebird36 New Member

i havent tried it yet idk if i want to just yet im not sure how to put them on i would assume the same way
  16. jmlwanga88

jmlwanga88 New Member

Also, after we flash a new nightly (CM74D2), do we have to re-run the V6 scripts?
  17. thebird36

thebird36 New Member

i would assume so i dont have cm7 so i wouldnt know just check to see if you're supercharged when you update it. just click it and run as root and see if your home is locked or hard to kill or bulletproof if its bulletproof or hard to kill you don't need to do it
  18. siriusgamer

siriusgamer New Member

Excuse me, but I tried the v6 supercharger script on my stock droid 2, and now it is bootlooping. Black screen after motorola logo. After I ran the script, I went into data and made the 99supercharger script run as root and run at boot. What did I do wrong? I have busybox 1.17.2 that came with the rooting process. EDIT: I restored from a week old backup. At least my phone isnt a brick anymore. Any insight on how that happened would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  19. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

From a mistake I too made, you're not suppose to have Run at Boot checked. Just Run as Root. That will get you mixed up easily as a first time user of the script. Another thing from checking around, it's not really wise to have anything else running along with the V6 Supercharger script. So, you can't run that and 99supercharger, or imoseyon's tweaks, or anything else. It can be only 1 script or tweak running.

Also, you need to go into the Settings and then into the Config settings to make sure View as Root is enabled before you enable Run as Root and start the script processing.
  20. siriusgamer

siriusgamer New Member

Thanks for the info, but I thought you were supposed to run the 99supercharger script for motorola devices with locked bootloaders. I have no other scripts (at least none that I know of) that are running besides of the supercharger. View as root was checked off and i did select run as root for the script. And are you sure busybox has nothing to do with it? I read somewhere that the busybox that comes with root can cause this. One more thing, do you know of any way to extract stuff from a nandroid backup? I made a nandroid of my bootlooped system before restoring and I would like to restore some data from the nandroid.
    EDIT: Does jrummy's android overclock and MS2debounce which are both run at boot (as their own apps) count as scripts?
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
Search tags for this page
3g turbocharger permission denied
miui v6 supercharger
script manager permission denied
super charger v8
supercharged v8 android
tweak v8 supercharger

v6 supercharger permission denied

v8 supercharger

v8 supercharger android

v8 supercharger script