V6 supercharged script. Wow

OP
kamisan

kamisan

Reaction score
This script should not affect battery or heat on your droid. It deals with core memory management issues, OOM (out of memory) is the settings that tell your device what priority to kill processes that are using memory -17 is lowest used for dialer etc (core processes). Changing OOM values keep apps running sometimes when they should not. This script re aligns most processes to play well with droid1 available resources. The second thing it seems to do (I am not a Dev and simply found this script) is to change the memory allocations for each category. Such as foreground apps, hidden apps, closed apps, etc. If any of you use Auto Memory manager you see it will set allocations for memory for each category (but only on the frontend) the script set the same memory allocations but also changes the core process use of each memory slot. In laymens terms you can have a bucket (memory allocated) then how full you will let that bucket get (pagefiles) By default memory managers do not change pagefiles, and do not change the order of out of memory settings. CM7 has most of its files set to slot 5 and launcher to slot 3, this causes your device to shut down the natice launcher and apps to early. If you simply change the order of shutdown (OOM settgins) but do not have the pagefiles to handle it your phone has random reboots or FC's This script seems to clean both up well. I wish I had thought if it :)

zeppelinrox on XDA gets the real credit~

chewy74

Reaction score
So I can run this on option 8 reboot then run again with option 12 and both settings will stay after reboot?

So I went to xda forums. Found the v 6 supercharged script. I installed script manager. Ran the script as root With option 8 and option 12. No fc on my phone camera works fine everything is fast like it use to be with froyo. Time will tell but it seems to really have changed my phone's performance for the better
Auto memory manager is no longer needed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Quick note-= Ran stock camera a few times no reboots (as it used to) Facebook, back to home screen is fast, email both gmail and email working fine. I run 3 partitions (14GB fat32, 500mb fat32, and 500mb ext2, I used mini tool partition wizard [free app] to change partitions without formatting my sd card) , swapper2 app with 64MB of swap space and 30% swappiness on ext2 (3rd partition) , link2sd with most apps on the 2nd partition fat32. stock kernal set for interactive on all modes. So far this is the absolute best MIUI GB has ever run on my droid 1.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html :D

btw Hard To Kill Launcher is automatic with all presets as well as when you Cust-OOMize minfree numbers.

A couple of ROMs for milestone do incorporate it already for milestone... MIUI by eybee and HO!NO!'s CM7 mod...

I delayed posting it here until it was ready for primetime and now it looks like showtime lol

Oh.. I posted some teaser screen caps for the update...

D1crazy

Reaction score
Well I just ran the script on my phone, and it made it so slow i couldn't hardly used it. Launcher pro force closed and so did script editor when I tried to unsupercharge. Maybe there's more to it than just running the script...

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You are doing it wrong... 100% guaranteed

OP
kamisan

kamisan

Reaction score
Chewy74. If you run it the settings should persist. Make sure you removed any apps that also try to manage memory. Not sure but I would guess they will be counter productive. P.s. just downloaded the updated version and it seems to work just fine. Zepplinrox thank you! You just posponed my phone upgrade!

PARick

Reaction score
Is this permanent or do I need to run it each time I flash a ROM?

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Usually you'd have to run it after flashing a new ROM unless it comes SuperCharged out of the box - which is a possibility ;) But you can run the script and it will tell you on the main screen if your launcher is weak.
Chewy74. If you run it the settings should persist. Make sure you removed any apps that also try to manage memory. Not sure but I would guess they will be counter productive. P.s. just downloaded the updated version and it seems to work just fine. Zepplinrox thank you! You just posponed my phone upgrade!
You're welcome. A couple of people have regretted that they already upgraded lol

nhspike

Reaction score
I'm assuming it plays well with deprimed/primed?
How about his bumblebee governer?

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Probably. I don't see why not.
Though you can ask in the appropriate forum if anybody tried it yet.

Reaction score
This is really interesting. I am looking into this and seeing what we can do to add this to our builds. I really need to spend more time on xda. Too many forums w/ good stuff to keep up with.

Hey Magiman,

You and TP must be following this… What do you think? Are you guys going to incorporate it into the Miui.us D1 port?

PARick

Reaction score
What exchange issues did it correct?

I was having issues with exchange, even though I had it set to push, not syncing my mails (this is my work mail). They would appear willy-nilly. I wouldn't get any of my work emails for sometimes over 24 hours and then they would all of a sudden appear. I had suspected that it had something to do with memory management...still only a guess as I am not an expert at this.

Anyhow, push is now working fine. In fact, it's nearly instantaneous. Something about the way Supercharger is tweaking the settings has fixed the problem. Also - I was having occasional FC issues when running Pandora and TuneIn radio. Seems to have fixed this as well (although I am sure time will tell).

I guess my question for those of you out there that have your heads wrapped around the programming side of this - if making these adjustments really makes this much of a difference, why wouldn't the dev's incorporate them into their builds (kernel/rom)? And are there any possible ill effects - battery, heating, etc... from doing this? (by the way I am using "Balanced 1" - setting #5)

My problems exactly! Thanks!

I ran all as outlined and it did not help my Exchange issues at all
icon9.gif
Is yours the stock email? I use Touchdown, same process? Thanks for the info, though.

Taco

Reaction score
Is it safe to assume this is meant solely for gingerbread roms or would this improve froyo (even though froyo runs smooth as is)

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Great on froyo... memory management system is the same.

Sent from my Milestone Powered by my V6 SuperCharger

nhspike

Reaction score
I'm assuming it plays well with deprimed/primed?
How about his bumblebee governer?

Well, this seems like the appropriate forum to reply to myself... so I will.

LOL

With DePrimed/Primed Kernel (19), the Interactive governor seems to work better than bumblebee once supercharged, at least on my D1, and V6.

Both this latest 1.5.20 release, as well as the one just previous.

Great stuff... really makes things smooth and fly.

Thanks a bunch!!!