V6 (or V8? Supercharger script help?

jmlwanga88

Reaction score
Also, after we flash a new nightly (CM74D2), do we have to re-run the V6 scripts?

thebird36

Reaction score
i would assume so i dont have cm7 so i wouldnt know just check to see if you're supercharged when you update it. just click it and run as root and see if your home is locked or hard to kill or bulletproof if its bulletproof or hard to kill you don't need to do it

siriusgamer

Reaction score
Excuse me, but I tried the v6 supercharger script on my stock droid 2, and now it is bootlooping. Black screen after motorola logo. After I ran the script, I went into data and made the 99supercharger script run as root and run at boot. What did I do wrong? I have busybox 1.17.2 that came with the rooting process. EDIT: I restored from a week old backup. At least my phone isnt a brick anymore. Any insight on how that happened would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Excuse me, but I tried the v6 supercharger script on my stock droid 2, and now it is bootlooping. Black screen after motorola logo. After I ran the script, I went into data and made the 99supercharger script run as root and run at boot. What did I do wrong? I have busybox 1.17.2 that came with the rooting process. EDIT: I restored from a week old backup. At least my phone isnt a brick anymore. Any insight on how that happened would be greatly appreciated.

From a mistake I too made, you're not suppose to have Run at Boot checked. Just Run as Root. That will get you mixed up easily as a first time user of the script. Another thing from checking around, it's not really wise to have anything else running along with the V6 Supercharger script. So, you can't run that and 99supercharger, or imoseyon's tweaks, or anything else. It can be only 1 script or tweak running.

Also, you need to go into the Settings and then into the Config settings to make sure View as Root is enabled before you enable Run as Root and start the script processing.

siriusgamer

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but I thought you were supposed to run the 99supercharger script for motorola devices with locked bootloaders. I have no other scripts (at least none that I know of) that are running besides of the supercharger. View as root was checked off and i did select run as root for the script. And are you sure busybox has nothing to do with it? I read somewhere that the busybox that comes with root can cause this. One more thing, do you know of any way to extract stuff from a nandroid backup? I made a nandroid of my bootlooped system before restoring and I would like to restore some data from the nandroid.
EDIT: Does jrummy's android overclock and MS2debounce which are both run at boot (as their own apps) count as scripts?

Last edited:
OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but I thought you were supposed to run the 99supercharger script for motorola devices with locked bootloaders. I have no other scripts (at least none that I know of) that are running besides of the supercharger. View as root was checked off and i did select run as root for the script. And are you sure busybox has nothing to do with it? I read somewhere that the busybox that comes with root can cause this. One more thing, do you know of any way to extract stuff from a nandroid backup? I made a nandroid of my bootlooped system before restoring and I would like to restore some data from the nandroid.
EDIT: Does jrummy's android overclock and MS2debounce which are both run at boot (as their own apps) count as scripts?

I'm not aware of having to run 99supercharger for that reason. I don't know much about it. I just started using these supercharger so I don't have much knowledge or much info on what works good and how it works. I basically followed others when the hype picked up about using the v6 supercharger. if you have more info on using the 99supercharger and whatnot then could you post it here?

I did notice, from reading the info on V6 supercharger, that you need to have busybox 1.82 or lower. Nothing above 1.82 will work, or so what the information said. That's all I know for that.

As for nandroid backups, do you have the backup located in a folder somewhere? What is the file format of it? I usually change file formats to zip so it can be extracted and viewable. Big files like that, I normally hook up my phone to the laptop, copy the file, place it in a folder or desktop on my laptop, change file format to zip and use 7zip or WinRAR to extract and/or view all the folder and files in it. I haven't messed with nor created nandroid backups for a long long time. I did one nandroid backup sometime this past February and haven't used it ever since.

Hope some of this info helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

siriusgamer

Reaction score
In the readmes, it mentions that the v6 script creates the supercharger.sh in /data and that if you were on a stock ROM, which i was, you had to run 99supercharger.sh at boot so that your memory killer settings would stay.

Sorry to bother you, but I actually tried it again, but this time I didnt make 99supercharger.sh run at boot. The homescreen app was unable to be killed, but I had to run the v6 supercharger script again and choose 9.

The backups I have are in a folder, each backup is it's own folder, and there are some files inside,
.android_secure.img
cache.img
data.img
system.img
nandroid.md5

If i right-click and select open archive with 7-zip, all I see is another file inside, like if I opened data.img, i would see a file named data inside. I tried to extract that file, but it didnt work.

I searched around and I found a program called unyaffs.exe that would let me extract these .img files.

So, yeah I kind of solved my own problems. But thanks for your help anyway.