Upgraded to D3? What to do with my D1?

geojock

Reaction score
There is only one catch. My cell service does not work on my D1 (the reason for my upgrade). They said its a hardware (maybe antenna?) issue. Everything else works fine, GPS, WIFI, etc. Its essentially a droid Itouch now.
What should I do with it?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even with no cell service, you could probably sell it on EBay for 40 or 50 bucks. Cheaper than buying an iPod.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buy a GPS app. Then you can use it as a media device and a GPS!

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Get rid of it..... why carry a 2nd device around for gps or media when the d3 does it better? Simply carrying it around seems counter productive
sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Get rid of it..... why carry a 2nd device around for gps or media when the d3 does it better? Simply carrying it around seems counter productive
sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

When I do upgrade I'm going to be using my Inc as a GPS/media device. Good know I can use the GPS without any chances of my route being interrupted due to a phone call.

stay safe on the road buddy, far too many accidents without people on their phones

REMilk

Reaction score
I upgraded my OG Droid to a Droid 3 and I am keeping the OG Droid.

I am using it as a dPad (as opposed to calling it an iPad like device). I am using it to listen to music. Using wifi, I stream music and video. In addition my 3-1/2 year-old grandson loves some of the games so he is also enjoying it. This will take the kiddie pressure off of the Droid 3. I installed Telenav GPS (free) which I will be testing over the next couple of days.

Bob

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Now letting kiids play games on the d1 does make sense.

OP
G

geojock

Reaction score
Considering that my D3 GPS still doesn't work properly, I am probably going to just use it as my car GPS.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely a good means by which to try a few ROMs and what not. Also good as a media player, etc, as suggested by others.