Day One D1 Owners - Who's got an upgrade today and what are you getting ?

Who's got an upgrade today and what are you getting ?

• Droid Bionic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Droid 3

• Droid X2

• Incredible 2

• Droid Charge

• Thunderbolt

• Waiting for Q4

• Other

• Total voters

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's been a long and wonderful 18 months with my D1 but now it's time for something new

I am torn between the Bionic and the Droid 3 and the 4G reception at my place of employment will probably be the deciding factor. So today I am going to get the Charge and take it for a test run, if 4G is the sweet spot then the Bionic it is, if 4G flops then D3 here I come :)

So what's on your hit list as far as an upgrade is concerned and why ?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bionic here. Reasons? Partly because I've been reading about it so long and mostly decided on it back at the beginning of the year. Moto gave me a good experience with the D1 so they have won my loyalty for smartphone purchase number 2. I've picked up a Nook Color and am happy with the tablet. Rumored specs show the Bionic will have a 4.5" screen and I'm interested in that. If it fits in my front pocket I'm all for it. Good chance I'll also wait until a week after it comes out to check out the reviews. Final decision would be ideally be after both phones were out a week or so.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
bionic no doubt.... will have a cult following and can't wait for all the sick roms like the d1 has

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The D3 is the first phone I have given "serious" consideration to for upgrading from my D1. I am going give it a month or so of reading the reviews on it, seeing the bootloader status, the rooting status and what not before I make up my mind. Part of me also wants to really hold out until the new wave of phones hit at christmas time as well, quad core possible???

nbucko

Reaction score
A quad core phone with decent battery life would surprise the hell out of me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

baaldemon

Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly getting the d3 but it depends on the bootloader status... yes I know it will get hacked if its locked, but I want to support more open technologies. With that being said there isn't much else out there for me to consider as I absolutely need a hard keyboard since I loathe the software kbs

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Depending on bootloader and what's available in the next few months, the Droid 3 is looking like the update my my Droid 1. I have no interest in a 1st generation 4G phone. I want the chipset to mature and develop before I move to a 4G phone. When the next update time frame comes around, 4G will be standard, Quad-core CPUs will be standard, incredible screen/displays will be standard.

I can wait, internet speed isn't that high on the deciding factor for my phone purchase.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I'll probably get the bionic, but like other... I'll definitely give it a couple weeks after release to watch vids/reviews. If it's not all I've hoped for, I'll just hold on to old faithful. SS5.4 + V6 Supercharger = satisfied enough not to make a hasty upgrade decision.

If I find out the next Nexus is coming to Verizon in the interim, I'll just wait for that.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Anathema

Reaction score
Depending on bootloader and what's available in the next few months, the Droid 3 is looking like the update my my Droid 1. I have no interest in a 1st generation 4G phone. I want the chipset to mature and develop before I move to a 4G phone. When the next update time frame comes around, 4G will be standard, Quad-core CPUs will be standard, incredible screen/displays will be standard.

I can wait, internet speed isn't that high on the deciding factor for my phone purchase.

Except by then we will be talking the next big "rumor".

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com

Except by then we will be talking the next big "rumor".

Well rumors don't get me anything :) So at that point I'll get what is (in my opinion) the best phone option and wait again for the rumors, latest features, to mature again. You can NOT stay on top of technology (unless you have Bill Gates money) so I don't try.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I don't have an upgrade until early October. I am pretty set on the Bionic. The only way I will change my mind is if the Bionic ends up sucking worse that the T-Bolt. If that happens I'll probably go D3. My logic being that if the Bionic is terrible I will assume it has to do with the 4g.

Reaction score
I've been able to upgrade since November. Went with a one year contract on the Droid1 release date. Nothing has caught my eye since the D1 came out...

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Couldn't wait any longer and went with the Charge. Very pleased with its performance and battery. I do have two more upgrades in the next 5 months, sorry, but Moto hasn't impressed me with anything since OG Droid. I'm hoping the Bionic is all that people are hyping it to be and I will grab one in September and pass the Charge down to my son, or ........who knows? Maybe another Samsung product, the GTab has been a pretty nice device so far.