What phone is the best?

KcChiefs12

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently have the Moto Droid 1 and it has served me well but its very very slow. Its time for a upgrade and I have researched and researched and cannot come to a conclusion on what phone I want... I live in Montana so 4G is not a factor in what I want. I never liked the keyboard on the Droid 1 and I prefer no keyboard so the D3 is out.

But I have narrowed it down between the Bionic and X2, they both look like brilliant phones. I can get the X2 free and the Bionic for 180$, without 4G is the Bionic worth it? Also are there any other phones I should consider?

Thanks.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO the X2 does not fall in the category of the "best phones" - the Bionic has a lot going for it but there are a few newer devices recently released/on the horizon that will run circles around the Bionic - mainly the HTC Rezound, The Motorola Razr, and my top pick the Samsung Galaxy Neus

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
"Best" is subjective.

However, from what you're considering I would actually go with the Razr. It's basically a thinner/better Bionic. Thinner than the x2 and a better phone in my opinion. Also don't forget, you're comparing a 3g phone to a 4g phone, so that's a huge selling point to consider.

Last edited:
OP
K

KcChiefs12

Reaction score
Should I wait for another 3G? Or Go ahead with the razr even though I cannot use the 4G?

And I can get either the Rezound or Razr for 200$ on amazon

Last edited:

portermac

Reaction score
Do you see razr in his list? Go for the bionic. Even though I don't have any problems with mine the update well be coming soon. It will be the better choice at the moment to me. Your will also have till January to exchange it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"What phone is the best?" Answer: The one you select!!

My recommendation would be the Droid Bionic, but that is absolutely influenced by the fact that I own one.

Good luck with whichever one you get - they are both great phones.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
In my humble opinion the best thing to do is go into the stores and get some hands on experience. There are a number of great options which have been mentioned in this thread but it all comes down to what you like and what you will be happy with.

Sorry, I know that advice is highly general/non-specific.

floyd

Reaction score
It really depends on what you would like to use your phone for, your personal tastes in design, your intellectual curiosity regarding tweaking your phone, and your sheep-like instincts.

There are a half dozen excellent phones out there.

Determine what is important to you, what makes economic sense, and buy one.

Act now. You will not regret it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you see razr in his list? Go for the bionic. Even though I don't have any problems with mine the update well be coming soon. It will be the better choice at the moment to me. Your will also have till January to exchange it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

No but I was just suggesting the Razr as it pretty much combines his two phone choices into one, which is also why I said it's pretty much a thinner Bionic.

I added the word "actually" in my first post though, just to clear things up:)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Should I wait for another 3G? Or Go ahead with the razr even though I cannot use the 4G?

And I can get either the Rezound or Razr for 200$ on amazon

Well if 4g isn't available in your area the only benefit you'd get from these phones is the hardware/performance.

If 4g is coming to your area soon it's worth it imo. Even without 4g, these are still great phones, but 4g is a huge factor for these phones.

If I didn't have 4g in my area I would still strongly consider these phones. They look good, are snappy, and you'll be 4g ready when it does come to your area. Can't go wrong with either choice, though I highly recommend you head to the store and get some hands on time with them.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If those are the two phones you are seriously considering then I would have to recomend the Bionic. With 1GB or RAM it is more future proof than the X2. IMO the X2 is just a DX with a different screen and a dual-core processor. I would recomend that you go to a local Verizon store and spend some hands on time with the DX2 and Bionic as well as some on the other newer phones, Razr and Rezound.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
K

KcChiefs12

Reaction score
I just find it hard to spend nearly 300$ on a phone that was why I was leaning torward the Bionic and X2

And with rooting cant the droid x2 be just as fast as the bionic and razr?

chrisallen

Reaction score
I have been enjoying through all the discussion coz i have also X2 and would prefer to have this, lolx

spillner

Reaction score
I would say Bionic, you know its gonna get supported longer than the DX2 and its already on the list to get Android 4.0.