upgrading d1 to d3

mattbooty

Reaction score
Ok, sorry if this isn't the best place to ask this, but I just ordered the d3 online today to replace my d1. When I get it it looks like I need to go here to activate it ( https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/activation/activatephone.jsp).

Once that is done am is my d1 inactive and my d3 active? Also, at that point can i still use the d1 on wifi (obviously not for phone and texting) to run my apps, etc? I'm not sure how much I would but its possible ill need to grab some settings from my d1 when configuring the d3 the way I want it.... plus the wife may want to use it to play angry birds hehe.

Thanks.

socalsx

Reaction score
hey congrats on the upgrade. waiting on mine also. as to your questions:

yes, you can use that website or just call the activation number. Your old droid will be deactivated, but you can use it with wifi just as you thought.

also, i believe a lot of settings are saved to your google account. ie: wifi network should sync with your new droid 3.

OP
M

mattbooty

Reaction score
hey congrats on the upgrade. waiting on mine also. as to your questions:

yes, you can use that website or just call the activation number. Your old droid will be deactivated, but you can use it with wifi just as you thought.

also, i believe a lot of settings are saved to your google account. ie: wifi network should sync with your new droid 3.

Yeah, I'm more referring to my app settings that aren't saved, ringers, handcent, other apps.

Thanks for the help!

Raptor007

Reaction score
You will need to configure your phone and install the apps. Honestly its a good thing in many ways, some apps are not optimized for the qHD display, some apps you find you don't use anymore and its always good to clean out the cobwebs.

OP
M

mattbooty

Reaction score
Yup, I just wanted to make sure I was safe to turn my old d1 back on in case I couldn't remember, as example, what schedules I have set up in sound manager, etc....

Sadly its like a kid on Christmas Eve tonight, can't sleep, planning what I'm going to do with my new phone tomorrow hehe.