What are YOU gonna do with your D1 when you upgrade?

armopride07

Reaction score
I really wanna upgrade to some of the xperias (Sony) that came out a while ago but are yet to be announced at carriers (Neo/pro). Looking at the xperia play to.

This Droid was my first smartphone. I have had so much fun on this that I'm never going to get rid of it. Like someone said, its going to become a really beastly looking alarm clock and iPod killer!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I occasionally use Kaleor clock....Nice little feature where you can tough the clock screen and it will read the time out loud for you. Has a wake to playlist feature, too, with phasing in of volume.

Occasionally? I use mine every day. I got rid of my regular alarm clock.
Alarm Clock Plus (not Pro, sorry) will speak the time and the weather, as well, if you want it. I tried that feature and turned it off. If you have to look at the screen to touch it to hear the time... um?!?!?!
ACP will read time and weather when the Alarm goes off if you want.
You can shake it to snooze it.
It has a nap alarm that you can set in like 2 seconds.
You can set it to force you to do a math problem before the alarm shuts off.

The amount of options for this thing is insane.
The dev is super responsive, too. I emailed him:
"I hate that SNOOZE and DISMISS are the same size. I always have to be so carefull I don't hit the wrong button. It would rock if the SNOOZE button was twice as big as the DIMISS button."
3 days later: New Update Available. The Snooze button is now 80% of the screen and dismiss is this tiny little button. Heck yea, my siggestion was implemented. :D

There's a free version. Try it out.

Last edited:

Kboss375

Reaction score
I wanted to use it as a gps. But I was disappointed when I discovered it needs service to pull the maps

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
There's an app for that, Kboss. ;)

I saw it the other day in the market. Can't remember the name, though.

KJW979

Reaction score
Keep mine for music player, for kids to play games on, and also continue to use as my checkbook

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure yet, I was thinking maybe giving it to my brother, but he is the destroy of cell phones. And thinking about my droid, who I got the day it came out, with 0 scratches, 0 dings, perfect in every way, would be destroyed in a month is just a bit too much to deal with.

Probably just keep it in case my bionic ever gets bro... oh who am I kidding, I treat my phones like a new born baby.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Testing/developing device of course and when not in use it will be in a glass case on a fluffy velvet pillow

danrodz

Reaction score
I had a droid eris lying around, i used it to replace my home phone. With sipdroid/pbxes/google voice i can make and receive calls for free over my wifi network. Works like a charm too.

droidshot®

Reaction score
I'm still using mine. Nothing has came out that can replace it(for me)! The thunderbolt has problems, my brother just took his back yesterday and he was very let down, and I have no 4g coverage in S.C. yet.When I do upgrade I will be keeping it for my backup phone though. I would really like to know what happened to the Terminator 2 phone that Motorola was working on? And no it's not the Bionic because the specs are different!!

Card

Reaction score
When I upgrade here in a couple months, my D1 will be locked onto the Wifi at my house, and I'll just give out my Google Voice number as my home number. Since I already have the home dock, I'll just keep it on my night stand as an alarm clock and use it for calls on GV.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a droid eris lying around, i used it to replace my home phone. With sipdroid/pbxes/google voice i can make and receive calls for free over my wifi network. Works like a charm too.

I was never able to get good call quality (and sometimes the sound was only one way) with Sipdroid....Did you have to do Pbxes to get good quality? Been planning to give that a shot but never got around to it.