updated sapphire-lost market

papatar

Reaction score
I just updated sapphire from 0.7.0 to 0.8.4 with no problem but when i rebooted i had no market icon on the homescreen or with the loaded apps. i did a restore back to 0.7.0 and am back to normal but did i do something wrong in losing the market?

serveitup911

Reaction score
Did you also download and install the google apps package?
It is separate now.

OP
P

papatar

Reaction score
i just saw this on the sapphire site. do i download it and rename it 'update.zip. and load it to the sd card same as i did 0.8.4?

serveitup911

Reaction score
Yes, install just like you installed the ROM. Remember to rename the main ROM update.zip to something else first so you don't have 2 update.zips on your sd card.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, looks like you are on the correct course. Let us know if you are able to resolve.

Mike

OP
P

papatar

Reaction score
i think i got it now but it will have to wait til tomorrow. 4 am comes quickly so i'm calling it a night. thanks again for all the help

OP
P

papatar

Reaction score
just a few other thoughts before i start on this. since i already have the 0.8.4 update renamed to 'update.zip' on my sd card can i load that first before doing google apps and is it necessary to do the 'wipe data' process between loading 0.8.4 and google apps?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to load the rom first then the gapps. Do NOT wipe before you install the gapps.

Mike

OP
P

papatar

Reaction score
i was just about to post. i did load the ROM first and then gapps. i decided to try it without data wipe between. big gamble for me but apparently i guessed right this time. everything is running great. i may tackle overclocking next. thanks to everyone for all the help