[Updated] Hands-On Friday Quick Preview Pic With In-Stock VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Briankbl

Briankbl Active Member

Ratings:
    +104
    Thank you for acknowledging that there, indeed, have been issues regarding your News reporting. Thank you for not ridiculing those who brought the problem to your attention. Like what happened the other day in the 9th Is Official Release Date topic. Shadez apologized and everything is cool. Just glad this topic didn't have to reach that point.

Sent using common sense.

2. DaHarder

DaHarder Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I was actually allowed to use/take a Galaxy Nexus/LTE home for most of the day today and came away thoroughly impressed with the smoothness of its operation and the cohesiveness of ICS in general...This is the future of mobile operating systems.

It's a fantastic performer, and I'm really looking forward to the official release so that I can really put it through its paces.

View attachment 43414

Here's a pic of it along side my Galaxy tab 8.9/32gb... What a sweet-looking couple. :biggrin:

3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    They need to just give this thing a street date already:angry:

4. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Is the portait to landscape animation slow? that phonedog or whatever sites nexus was really laggy when doing this.

5. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Yeah from what I saw from that review the orientation switch was pretty bad. Maybe they'll fix that with 4.1?

6. DaHarder

DaHarder Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Certainly not that I noticed... everything about the device pleasantly smooth and polished, easily the equal (and in many cases superior) the my iPhone 4S.

7. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Thats a relief, i was a tad nervous because i change orientations a lot and that would drive me crazy. he was waiting 5 seconds to change from portrait to landscape which looked bad. :blink:

8. Hsunami

Hsunami Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea i went to my bestbuy today and they said they "SHOULD" be selling it this sunday.....12/11...but when i went over to my VZW they said they did not have it in stock....or know anything about it....but they should get shipments if it is going to sell sunday they should be getting it tommorrow or on the day of. So i will call my VZW tommorrow afternoon and see if they get the stock.

9. sandman1987

sandman1987 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was Christmas shopping out of town today so I thought I'd stop by some VZW stores that weren't tired of me pestering them. I stopped by two Corporate stores and an Authorized Seller Kiosk in the mall. Needless to say I got 3 different responses on when the GN was going to go on sale.

The 1st Corp. store salesman told me that it won't be going on sale Sun. or Mon. for sure and probably not even next week. He said that he just got an e-mail when he got to work that said that launch was being delayed by Samsung (not VZW) due to some LTE Hardware issues.

The 2nd place was the Kiosk and they were completely clueless. One sales girl didn't even know what the Nexus was. The other guy told me that they haven't received any stock yet and there was NO WAY VZW would launch on a Sunday.

The last guy at the 2nd Corp. store told me that he has not gotten a launch date yet. He said he had gotten the notice originally that they were launching today, but that was put on hold. He hasn't heard anything since and has never gotten any stock. He said that when he came to work today there was a box on his desk that looked like an Ice Cream Sandwich. He said there was a non-working demo phone and an operable demo. He said that he hasn't had a chance to activate the operable one, but I could look at the inoperable one if I wanted.

Of course I said "No, that wouldn't be fair to everyone else and I don't want you to get in trouble"..............:D....Not really... that thought never entered my mind. I said sure. Like the picture taker of the original photo of this thread, I was impressed by the size and feel of the device. Of course the weight was off since it was a demo, but I liked it anyway. He said that he has never gotten a demo phone and had to wait more than a couple of days for a launch. He seemed to think the GN might launch on Sunday or Monday, but he did say he didn't know for sure.

View attachment 43428

10. DudeTotally

DudeTotally New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sup i just joined this sight to say my bestbuy has these things. i saw them playin with it. been to this sight cople times thot u wood want to know.

11. DudeTotally

DudeTotally New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is kool.

12. DudeTotally

DudeTotally New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think they will sell it sunday, they havent before.

Search tags for this page

dkgershe