(updated 5-31) N8 & JRummy's CM Remix V0.8 *7 Themes, built from source, many extras*

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What exactly is the difference between the different colored themed launchers. I have installed adequate launcher but I don't see anything different? But so far this ROM is screaming fast. Even the dimmed 2.1 dock clock is blue
Bravo JRummy great consistency.

There are small details. Like your search widget will not be themed. It's not a huge deal but I had a lot of requests for themed launchers so here you go.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just posted qr codes so you can download them through rom manager. Let me know how it goes.

vmann32

Reaction score
Power control widget in stock is cyan colored also shutter sounds wont turn off.Still testing things great so far though

Could also be an issue pairing my ICON bluetooth headset.For som reason it won't connect.fixed it fix permissions.

That is the stock theme in cyanogenmod. Very little is modified though.
The color thing is minor but the shutter sound is a deal breaker so to speak.It says,
"that looks like the camera
video:not found"
Do I need to re install something?I used scripts to remove some stuff thought they worked accept that one.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Power control widget in stock is cyan colored also shutter sounds wont turn off.Still testing things great so far though

Could also be an issue pairing my ICON bluetooth headset.For som reason it won't connect.fixed it fix permissions.

That is the stock theme in cyanogenmod. Very little is modified though.
The color thing is minor but the shutter sound is a deal breaker so to speak.It says,
"that looks like the camera
video:not found"
Do I need to re install something?I used scripts to remove some stuff thought they worked accept that one.

just checked.. looks like I jacked up that script re-writing it.

Do this in terminal to disabel the shutter sound:

mountsys
mv /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.bak
mv /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.bak
unmountsys
sync

vmann32

Reaction score
hehe I am not very good with the terminal.I am merely a plumber lol.I tried but I am doing something wrong,but I will wait for an update,I was just making it known is all.Thanks I really like this one,well they are all sweet.

Fatal failure on your donate link

Last edited:

joker402

Reaction score
I went with the blue theme to switch it up but my clock in the notification bar is black and I can't see it. Also I picked a random lwp and I can't seem to find it. I flashed via rom manager if that makes a diffrance. I'm liking a lot btw.

Buddah

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed the Blue theme. Went without a hitch. Everything seems to be working fine. Gonna play with some of the goodies now.
Thanks, Awesome Job!

vmann32

Reaction score
I went with the blue theme to switch it up but my clock in the notification bar is black and I can't see it. Also I picked a random lwp and I can't seem to find it. I flashed via rom manager if that makes a diffrance. I'm liking a lot btw.
Spare parts has all the changes for colors on the bar and date on the bar even color the Verizon letters.as for the lwp long press home screen and you can find it in there but usually it loads it right up.Hope that helps.

tracker

Reaction score
Few issue

* Photo Frame widget - picture in gallery is very small can not make them big.
* Map - when map is open and try to open the menu map force close always.

stock JRummy's remix 0.8

xNeox

Reaction score
handcent

Just installed the cyan theme and everything seems to be working great except... i added the themed handcent and i cannot find it anywhere. It said "handcent added" in the terminal. Any ideas?
Great work on the mod though! :)

evolutioncsr

Reaction score
Tried blue themed and cyan themed both have Black font of the time... not white like the pictures and yes I wiped several times in fact lol...

lol never mind guess i have to try spare parts options :p

Last edited:
OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tried blue themed and cyan themed both have Black font of the time... not white like the pictures and yes I wiped several times in fact lol...

Just read the full first post of this thread. You need to change the notificatons colors yourself. I would have changed them to be defaulted white but then the nice feature in spare parts which allows you to change the notification color yourself would have been lost.

vmann32

Reaction score
Also I noticed with the themes that the clock text is colored you need to change it to white.Mine was black and show clock was not checked rebooted 2 times still there.So I checked it and changed it to white rebooted. Then unchecked it and restarted.Also the date color was stuck and that fixed it too.Red theme 08.Just a heads up for everyone.

Psychlone

Reaction score
This is awesome!
I've been wondering about the -freeXmb scripts and also the Apps2SD vs. having most apps in memory.

When I tried the -free50mb script on Remix Blue .7 (+ update), I saw a decrease in performance, even at 1200MHz (Bekit's 7 1200LV)... so what exactly would a person want to have x amount of free memory?
I guess what I'm not understanding is what this script actually does for us - doesn't the Droid's internal memory configure itself just right anyway? I'm admittedly a semi-noob at all this, having only jumped into the rooted and custom ROM game just over a couple weeks ago, so I'm still learning - and will leave the professional stuff to the professionals!

Also, the second part of the question above, IS there a performance difference between having your apps on the SD card vs. in the internal memory?
I tested BB 1.1/Nextheme 1.01 for a day, and everything being installed in the internal memory allowed me to run my phone at 600MHz and it still seemed as snappy as 1200MHz with the apps on the SD card in Remix .7.

Just wondering.
I'm off to flash .8 Blue right now...

Psychlone