(updated 5-31) N8 & JRummy's CM Remix V0.8 *7 Themes, built from source, many extras*

Buddah

Reaction score
I seem to be having a problem changing fonts. I type the command and it tells me to reboot, when I reboot it just hangs at the M though. I have wiped and reinstalled a couple of times and also did the fix permissions, but still having the problem with changing fonts. Any clue?

Psychlone

Reaction score
OK, flash went VERY well.

Check this out:
I came from BB1.1/Nextheme 1.0.1 with the stock kernel.
I used Rom Manager, found .8 Customizer, downloaded Blue .8 along with a few extras/deleted a few unneeded apps.
Then, when asked, I checked Back Up Existing ROM as well as Wipe Data and Cache and off it went.

When it booted back up, EVERYTHING was left in it's place...every single shortcut, widget, etc. was all where I had left it on BB/Nex - I even thought for a second that nothing had changed but the battery icon in the status bar, so I checked and I'm indeed running Blue .8 now.

That was THE most incredibly smooth transition from ROM to ROM that I've ever done (granted, I've only changed ROMs about 9 times just playing around, but in those 9 times, I've always either had to restore apps, data or whatever, and have had to do that using CM Recovery, or My Backup Pro after the flash...not this time - I didn't recover anything!)

Now, is that because everything was installed to the internal memory and CWM doesn't wipe that??

Whatever the case, it's all smooth, crisp and looking GREAT!

Now, if my first 2 questions could be answered - the reasoning behind the -freeXmb scripts and if there's a performance difference between apps on the SD card (via Apps2SD) or on the internal memory...

Thank you yet again, JRummy, and now n8, for making one of the most awesome ROMS out there, as well as the EASIEST transition I've had yet!!!

Psychlone

raveen

Reaction score
im so confused whats better this or the shiz are they different? it looks like the shiz is a slight upgrade of this ?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Everytime I open maps it will not find my location and force close... I've done 2 complete wipes and 2 new installs same issue. Works for maybe a minute right after you load the ROM, but as soon as you reboot to say, change the colors on the font maps wont work again same when you go into maps and press ANY button like for latitude FC right away. Love the ROM best I've tried out of the new ones but I need my maps to work.

All other programs that use GPS work great just NOT maps...

Phone set up:
install through ROM manager .8 customizer
Complete wipe data/cache
Nex theme
p3 Droid 7 slot 1ghz kernel

Everything else works like a charm just this maps is bugging me anyone else having same issue??

Last edited:

JCo352

Reaction score
Re: (5-29) N8 & JRummy's CM Remix V0.8 **7 Themes, built from source, many extras**

Is there a reason why the kernel that comes with this rom pegs my Droid at 650MHz while charging on the AC charger? I'm used to it defaulting at 550 while charging, but I don't see a need for 650 while it's sitting there doing nothing.

rizzet

Reaction score
Jrummy,

Once again, awesome job! I LOVE your roms! How can I get that wallpaper you have on the screenshots. I am running V8 Cyan. I love the unlock screen background and the one on the screen with the power control widget from your screenshots!

Buddah

Reaction score
Jrummy,

Once again, awesome job! I LOVE your roms! How can I get that wallpaper you have on the screenshots. I am running V8 Cyan. I love the unlock screen background and the one on the screen with the power control widget from your screenshots!

I find both of those backgrounds under the wallpapers selection

catpaws

Reaction score
Couple of questions. The rom is great, but I have a couple of problems.

Locale is not starting on bootup. It did with the 0.7 remix. I definitely rely on Locale so any suggestions as to how I can make sure it starts on bootup are welcome. I'm not using any task killers or memory managers, and I haven't applied any of jrummy's memory managing scripts.

Also when Locale is running the deskclock will not go into screensaver mode. If you try to put it into screensaver mode manually it just comes right back out of it. I use my Droid as a night clock, so the screensaver mode is a big plus for me.

Also, I posted this is on the customizer thread, but I'm not sure if jrummy saw it. If it's not too much trouble, could you please add the option to add the 3d music app to the customizer.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

false_paradigm

Reaction score
Maps issues. Doesn't want to find my location and FC's on me when ever I try to get directions. I'm going to try to un/reinstall the maps app and see if that fixes it but it worked find on v7 remix.

BTW keep up the good work Jrummy and N8

SlateJones

Reaction score
Love the red, only problem so far is the market is Sooooooo slow. Everything works, it just takes forever to load. I dont know if it is a rom problem or a market problem.
Also does anyone know where I can find a beautiful widget skin that has all the lettering in red?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Maps issues. Doesn't want to find my location and FC's on me when ever I try to get directions. I'm going to try to un/reinstall the maps app and see if that fixes it but it worked find on v7 remix.

BTW keep up the good work Jrummy and N8

Same issue here running Nex theme... Maps FC everytime I hit any button when opened and will not find my location.

Have done several wipes and reinstalls but still not working

REARless

Reaction score
Thanks JRummy

JRummy,

Thanks for yet another wonderful ROM!

Using the Green Theme with the Red Droid Eye lwp. Looks really cool.

I like this ROM with the extra features over The Shiz. But both are works or art and coding skill.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Everytime I open maps it will not find my location and force close... I've done 2 complete wipes and 2 new installs same issue. Works for maybe a minute right after you load the ROM, but as soon as you reboot to say, change the colors on the font maps wont work again same when you go into maps and press ANY button like for latitude FC right away. Love the ROM best I've tried out of the new ones but I need my maps to work.

All other programs that use GPS work great just NOT maps...

Phone set up:
install through ROM manager .8 customizer
Complete wipe data/cache
Nex theme
p3 Droid 7 slot 1ghz kernel

Everything else works like a charm just this maps is bugging me anyone else having same issue??

vmann32

Reaction score
No I am on 08 blue w/p3 1200 7 slot and I checked just to see and mine works ok.Try to fix permissions.Sometimes it works.Also did you uninstall maps and reinstall them?just wondering.Hope you get it.