Update

cece5702

Reaction score
This update that everyone is talking about is this the actual ICS? Or should we receive an update, than the ICS will follow? I couldnt imagine the Maxx being any better than it already is but I look forward to any enhancements that can make this baby superb!!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This update that everyone is talking about is this the actual ICS? Or should we receive an update, than the ICS will follow? I couldnt imagine the Maxx being any better than it already is but I look forward to any enhancements that can make this baby superb!!!!!

No it's not ICS. It's am update to Gingerbread that addresses cellular radio reception for better 4G, better camera, and a myriad of other improvements. ICS is still a ways out yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm getting the OTA update as I type. Not sure what its for though, Lol....I know its not ICS. Wow! Got my new Maxx on Monday and an update already. Sweet!!!:biggrin:

db4

Reaction score
How do you know if you already received the updates or if not, then should you go get them.
...and how would one do that.

boggerscbshop

Reaction score
I got it this morning. I had to manually push for it. So far so good. Nice and smooth. Battery seems a little better.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Go to settings, about phone, than system update. You will have a notification to accept the update on your phone. Once you accept, it will begin downloading. Than BAM!!!!!
How do you know if you already received the updates or if not, then should you go get them.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

You would know if you did add it will pop up with an alert. You can select the menu button while on your home screen (three lines at the bottom of your screen), then "settings", then scroll down and select "About phone" and then select System updates at the top. It will tell you if an update is available and if so will prompt you to begin the download.

Trash Can

Reaction score
I just got my Maxx yesterday and pulled the update last night before setting up the rest of the phone. I can't do a before and after comparison with this particular device, but I am now holding a 4G connection in my home. On my Razr, data would constantly bounce between 3G, 4G, and nothing. So far so good! :biggrin:

rn701

Reaction score
Got Maxx today and the update

Had tried the original Razr but returned it becaus wifi hotspot didn't work.

I ordered a Razr Maxx Tuesday (glad I waited) when I found out they were pushing out the update that fixed the wifi hotspot problem. The phone was supposed to come tomorrow but it came a day early, with free overnight shipping. It didn't have the update already installed, but I checked for updates and there it was. Downloaded it and installed it and all is good. The wifi hotspot works now.

While setting it up, the rep I bought it from at Verizon left me a voice mail saying she noticed I had activated the phone and added the wifi hotspot feature I requested, which can't be provisioned until the phone is activated. That's pretty good service.

So far I'm liking it a lot.

DocsDad

Reaction score
Wow that update really helped the 3g 4g transition. The changeover was seemless when I crossed into a known 3g area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

mtc7011

Reaction score
Here is a curious question about the update. I am droid noob but why does it take extra time after Verizon makes the announcement to actually get the update?

Creez

Reaction score
Did you all's text messaging notification icon change? I can't tell if its cause of a conflict with the launcher im using, or if thats just the new icon. Wonder if there's a way to change it..

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Blue sideways smilie.... dont know if it changed as i only had this a day...

Did the settings button in bottom menu move from right to left?

maxx'ed out....

DocsDad

Reaction score
Yeah that messaging icon changed although I use Handcent. It added about a half dozen more bloatware items too. I hid them though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums