Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

Cloud3

Reaction score
Don't bother asking, because its wrong. Verizon does not touch the software that runs on the phones, they simply tell the manufacturer what their requirements are. The "bloatware" is added to the firmware image by Samsung before its released to Verizon for testing.

If something as simple as a menu item being spelled wrong comes up, its back to Samsung to update and re-release.

I trashed the 2.2 open source, but I am sure I can recover it for proof. Also, the link was posted on android central

Samsung Galaxy S Froyo Source Code yanked | Android 4

I guess it was removed after a day

-Cloud

If you can really, REALLY, honestly recover it, it'd be great if you could give it to the adrynalyne or jt1134 or punk.kaos or birdman so they can build it into a rom. Or upload it somewhere at least...

Sry. It's been two our three months and I presume the better part of it has been written over cause I can't recover it. :(

-Cloud

dangerous

Reaction score
Samsung already released an open source code for 2.2 for sch-i500. It's now up to vzw to add their bloatware and release it via OTA over VZW network.

-Cloud

How do you know this?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

GT-I9000_OpenSource_Froyo_update_JPM.zip Was the file name I downloaded it 10/19/10. and still have it

shdowman

Reaction score
Ok guys...this is a maintenence update. NOT Froyo. Supposedly fixes the gps and some other minors fixes as well as one of my complaints, tying the softkey timeout with the screen. Otherwise, its nothing major. Some of us have have this (or dj05) for over a month and it wont dramatically change your phone.

Sit back and chill. There wont be a surprise 2.2 update tied to this. Verizon rolls these things out in stages. If you are following links that tell you it will wipe your phone, you are going to the wrong place. Wait for the update to hit your phone.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
So any new froyo rumors since 1/10/11 has been solved?

BTW, seattle, wa area: no update. anyone receive dj09 OTA?

8pened!

zombie1991

Reaction score
So any new froyo rumors since 1/10/11 has been solved?

Well...my friends neighbor is cousins with this dude who new someone who worked at Circle K that was a buddy to this Verizon rep. HE told him it would be around Feb. 12th. Lincolns birthday. Since these rumors have been around for around 4 score and 7 weeks ago by that point it was only appropriate.

sledge3n8

Reaction score
Why can Vzw post an update that is not available for download? I went to the website, read the update instructions, and my phone (like everyone's it sounds like) won't recognize the update.

Sent from my Inferior SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

fishmstr

Reaction score
Looks like Verizon has been more worried about releasing the Iphone than they are about taking care of their current phones and customers. Looks like this will be my last Verizon phone if they don't get off their butts and take care of us.

fishmstr

Reaction score
Just spoke to Verizon trying to work out a billing issue. He checked the system for updates. There was nothing on Froyo but D05 is due out tomorrow the 12th.

sledge3n8

Reaction score
Just spoke to Verizon trying to work out a billing issue. He checked the system for updates. There was nothing on Froyo but D05 is due out tomorrow the 12th.

There's a new one! Sorry for the sarcasm!

Rogue27

Reaction score
no clue yet i work for vzw and on 1/12 our fascinates will be getting an update but contains phone enhancements only. no froyo 2.2 yet. Note at bottom says coming soon but no exact date yet

sledge3n8

Reaction score
Now that it's official, iPhone at Verizon, we could all sell our Sammy's to suckers and get iPhones!

dhaymond

Reaction score
Lol... That's sounds good, but I like my fascinate... Don't get me wrong.apple makes a good product, hell! A great one. But I just can't do the thing with iphone that I can with android... I'll just wait for HTC's thunderbolt if any. And play with that and see how that is if any. HTC too; makes a great product.

Rogue27

Reaction score
The fascinate is where its at so im gonna be patient and wait for the update. When 2.2 does finally release the fascinate is gonna be very competitive to the iphone. Im not gonna claim its better because its opinion over fact but i would never drop an android over iphone. Everyone is mad that 2.2 hasnt been released containing flash. yet go about talking about going with iphone which doesnt and may never get flash period. I call that a downgrade. Galaxy phones have already proven when overclocked to be the fastest phones out there. And i have a need for speed