Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

soccerdon1981

Reaction score
I rooted last night. Might as well have some fun with my Fascinate while I'm waiting for Frodo Baggins 2.2 to arrive.

Searching for roms is more exciting than searching for 2.2's arrival date anyways.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk

Rogue27

Reaction score
man some people never stop crying. Its still early. Chill!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jamis0n

Reaction score
None in WA state still..
Holding my breathe is turning me blue T-T..

8pened!

Reaction score
Im not a big corporate Verizon Fan, but the problem here is not Verizon, it is SAMSUNG...The fascinate phone software is just NOT compatible with froyo, they had several issues in Europe and now here in the states as well, they will keep promising to us that froyo will be available today or tomorrow, but all they're doing is for us to have us on standby and to avoid trading our phones on craigslist for the droid x or any other phone that has gotten the upgrade a long time ago...Just for the record, DROID X got froyo MONTHS AGO and will be one of the first ones to get GINGERBREAD...Probably by the time the X gets gingerbread, the FASCINATE might not even have froyo..sorry about my negativism but i already spoke to 6 samsung reps, 2 of them my friends and the other 4 just regular customer support guys and they all said the same...Im going to the X...

mr. vegas

Reaction score
+10000000000 for getting rid of the scamscum and going to the X!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this DL09 UPDATE is going to have the signal reception issue fixed like the DL05 had it?
Because I'm one of the fascinate users that has that issue!

mr. vegas

Reaction score
Fedex just left. No more scamscum. Now got to play with the new X!!!!!!

Reaction score

Well no more gps issues, you will be able to see flash videos, no more signal issues, your battery will recharge WAY quicker, you will have a bigger screen, and you wont only have froyo 2.2, the x has 2.2.1 now ...Enjoy Mr Vegas..Enjoy..

Darkseider

Reaction score
I would seriously be ready to get the pitchforks and torches out if I owned a Galaxy S phone in the US. The Canadian version of the Captivate got 2.2, the Galaxy S in Asia/Europe is running 2.2 and the Nexus S is running 2.3. It has nothing to do with hardware it is either the carriers or Samsung being bungholes about it. There is nothing holding any of the US models back from running 2.2. Hell my friends have rooted Captivates running Darky 8.0 ROMs and they FLY.

Katnipthief

Reaction score

Well no more gps issues, you will be able to see flash videos, no more signal issues, your battery will recharge WAY quicker, you will have a bigger screen, and you wont only have froyo 2.2, the x has 2.2.1 now ...Enjoy Mr Vegas..Enjoy..

Your battery will also drain faster too! My 3 day battery life with non stop usage versus my sisters Droid x that only lasts a day.

I'm happy with my phone. Only thing I'd switch for is the sch-i520 if it comes out before return policy ends with best buy. 4g is a worthy upgrade, 2.2 is lackluster.

I can tell the grass is greener on my super amoled screen. Its offshade on the Droid.

mr. vegas

Reaction score
The grass is greener, but 2.2.1 is worth it. Ill post back when I have 2.3, and your still waiting on 2.2! The battery is all in the settings, your phone wont last any longer than mine. After a quick underclock there wont be a difference. This isn't a debate its a SCAMSCUM issue. They released a superior phone with outdated software... plane and simple.