Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

mickdroid

Reaction score
So just when is this wonderful 2.2 version coming out? I hear rumors it has already been leaked and can be obtained at off market sites. Verizon doesn't know but then what does your everyday sales clerk know? So any word anybody as to when the "official" 2.2 version will be released?:icon_eek: I am eagerly awaiting Google as my search engine again and maybe compatibility with Flash Drive?dancedroid

ohfire

Reaction score
Ya know, flash would be nice, a new baseband with better phone reception would be outstanding, but after going through the 2.2 on the Motorola Droid 1, the update flat crashed my wife's phone and then the remanufactured replacements they sent were terrible. My phone survived the update, but then started eating batteries. Due to the issues on her's and her comfort level with the droid 1, I ended up with first the droid 2 replacement verizon gave us, and then returned it for the fascinate. The 2 was a very good phone, but I have honestly had no problems with the fascinate except the low reception quality. My fear is I will get the 2.2 update and it will cause more issues with my phone that it will make it better. So I am in no hurry for the update, I just hope that once it gets here, I am happy with it!

PsychoSimatic

Reaction score
dont blame 2.2 for that stuff, blame verizon butchering it into a pile of crap so they could pump for vcast garbage at you.

DraconisJoe

Reaction score
dont blame 2.2 for that stuff, blame verizon butchering it into a pile of crap so they could pump for vcast garbage at you.

It's not verizon. It's the manufacturers that tweak it for a particular model. It's like microsoft sending a windows update to Dell and HP to tweak for their systems and letting them release it to the consumer.

Also, something I have seen with 2.2, a lot of the task manager apps and the ui tweak apps are partially causing problems with 2.2

bdubnpaw

Reaction score
Help!!!

OK, so Verizon sent my phone an update this morning at 6:00. The only way I knew this, is that I heard my phone reboot, and went to look at it and it said that an update is ready do you want to proceed? I clicked OK and it tries, but I notice it flashes an error, and the reboots. Then the same screen comes up about an update being ready. Did it fail due to my phone being rooted? If so, do I need to unroot, do the update, and then root again? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
B

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
I don't know what update it is unless you never got update that came out week or so ago. It could be because of root. also if you delete certain apk files from system/app I hear that can mess up updates because that folder needs to be as it was when you got the phone. Apparently that was case with droid x when the froyo update came out for that. So I recommend making copy of that folder on your imputed if your going to delete the bloatware

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

muzhik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus One
OK, so Verizon sent my phone an update this morning at 6:00. The only way I knew this, is that I heard my phone reboot, and went to look at it and it said that an update is ready do you want to proceed? I clicked OK and it tries, but I notice it flashes an error, and the reboots. Then the same screen comes up about an update being ready. Did it fail due to my phone being rooted? If so, do I need to unroot, do the update, and then root again? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
B

install One Click Lag Fix from the market, unroot your phone and update will install,

bing and some bloatware was removed from my fascinate, update installed fine., only had to unroot the phone.

hope this helps...

to root the phone again --> directions

dricacho

Reaction score
Speaking of Flash....

I downloaded Astro file manager last night to back up all the apps installed on the phone to the sdcard. As I was browsing thru /SYSTEM/APP folder, I saw FlashPlugin and Flash SVG Player. The phone's browser still doesn't support flash and won't play flash content. So what exactly will be installed since the Flash plugin and player seems to be in here already?

Also, this is why I didn't bother rooting my phone since I'm sure that there will be updates coming. Its usually the case when a new phone comes out. I will root and omit all the bloatware once 2.2 is released for our phones.

soba1

Reaction score
Speaking of Flash....

I downloaded Astro file manager last night to back up all the apps installed on the phone to the sdcard. As I was browsing thru /SYSTEM/APP folder, I saw FlashPlugin and Flash SVG Player. The phone's browser still doesn't support flash and won't play flash content. So what exactly will be installed since the Flash plugin and player seems to be in here already?

Also, this is why I didn't bother rooting my phone since I'm sure that there will be updates coming. Its usually the case when a new phone comes out. I will root and omit all the bloatware once 2.2 is released for our phones.

Same here that is what I am really waiting on

TheShaz

Reaction score
I will root and omit all the bloatware once 2.2 is released for our phones.

That is exactly my plan as well - - I think this phone may become a ROM Dev's best friend thanks to Samsung compleatly opening the device up.

bdube

Reaction score
Speaking of Flash....

thats flash lite, its essentially the same flash lite plugin the htc 2.1 phones have. it will do some basic, and i mean basic flash, stuff but nothing to even bother with.

Galahede

Reaction score
I just ordered the Fascinate today and I talked with a "Live Chat" rep on Verizon Wireless. He told me that the Fascinate will arrive tomorrow with 2.2 already on it and I will be able to choose Google over Bing. I can't wait!

bdube

Reaction score
I just ordered the Fascinate today and I talked with a "Live Chat" rep on Verizon Wireless. He told me that the Fascinate will arrive tomorrow with 2.2 already on it and I will be able to choose Google over Bing. I can't wait!

let me be the first to call bs...

Galahede

Reaction score

let me be the first to call bs...

I'll let you know as soon as it arrives! I hope it's not bs :(