Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

Reaction score
Ya know, flash would be nice, a new baseband with better phone reception would be outstanding, but after going through the 2.2 on the Motorola Droid 1, the update flat crashed my wife's phone and then the remanufactured replacements they sent were terrible. My phone survived the update, but then started eating batteries. Due to the issues on her's and her comfort level with the droid 1, I ended up with first the droid 2 replacement verizon gave us, and then returned it for the fascinate. The 2 was a very good phone, but I have honestly had no problems with the fascinate except the low reception quality. My fear is I will get the 2.2 update and it will cause more issues with my phone that it will make it better. So I am in no hurry for the update, I just hope that once it gets here, I am happy with it!

I have had a signal issue as well, just like the HTC Incredible had, but I did a speed test against a classmates Droid X and though she had full signal I only having 2 bars, mine was faster.
I was able to obtain a full bar status in certain locations, unlike the Incredible which never had more than 2 bars. My phone has worked great and I just have to ignore the signal bar sometimes.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried to do the Verizon update? I have tired it and It keeps saying it failed. WTF, ya know?

Reaction score
I just ordered the Fascinate today and I talked with a "Live Chat" rep on Verizon Wireless. He told me that the Fascinate will arrive tomorrow with 2.2 already on it and I will be able to choose Google over Bing. I can't wait!

let me be the first to call bs...

I'll let you know as soon as it arrives! I hope it's not bs :(

If you indeed do have 2.2 on it... I shall be pissed and happy for you. :p

Reaction score
At Verizon store 5 people told me the same, call over the phone and 3 more told me the same, "yes as soon as you turn on the phone it will ask you to update and that's the 2.2..." what a bunch or retards, it was the most recent update but NOT FROYO...They have no idea what they're talking about, so I really hope the person you talked to meant FROYO and not the bug fixing most recent update...

mybs

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has tried to do the Verizon update? I have tired it and It keeps saying it failed. WTF, ya know?

I noticed the same error too and realized that you need to do the update while connected with 3g and not with Wifi.

Hope that helps.

KingsDude

Reaction score
How do you get this update back? I had the error htis morning (even though my phone was unrooted) so I want to try it again. I had all the bloatware and renamed it all, but I can get it all back. Just need to update it now

skizer41

Reaction score
I just ordered the Fascinate today and I talked with a "Live Chat" rep on Verizon Wireless. He told me that the Fascinate will arrive tomorrow with 2.2 already on it and I will be able to choose Google over Bing. I can't wait!

Did you get your phone today? What version was loaded on your Fascinate?

Reaction score

I noticed the same error too and realized that you need to do the update while connected with 3g and not with Wifi.

Hope that helps.

LoL, I have been on the Wifi each time I've tried it... I think. :/ Any ways I'm trying it now and I hope it works. :p Thanks for the help.

strang5

Reaction score
I just got my Fascinate on the 29th and it has 2.1 on it. I received an update yesterday that I have no idea what it was for. It wasn't 2.2 though. I upgraded from a Motodroid 1. Fascinate is awesome so far. Biggest concern is no LED for notifications. The NoLED app doesn't work(so far). GPS is lousy, I guess this is being addressed sometime soon.

cdw5510

Reaction score
Should I get the Samsung or wait until the new one is released. Is there a 2.2 update OTA VZW pushed out? Or is that still being worked.

dricacho

Reaction score
What is your firmware version??

I just got my Fascinate on the 29th and it has 2.1 on it. I received an update yesterday that I have no idea what it was for. It wasn't 2.2 though. I upgraded from a Motodroid 1. Fascinate is awesome so far. Biggest concern is no LED for notifications. The NoLED app doesn't work(so far). GPS is lousy, I guess this is being addressed sometime soon.

droid8888

Reaction score
2.2 doesn't exist for the Fascinate. The update is the D101 baseband, and it is still 2.1. October is the rumored release month for the update. It is still being worked on.

bad355camaro

Reaction score
I was watching AOTS and they said we will have 2.2 by the end of the year, not very specific but its good news